Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to Use the Mission Planner: Waypoint Mission Planner

I had some questions about missions but obviously they won't respond in the yt comments so maybe I'll try here:

when I'm in the field tweaking the mission, let's say I have 25 waypoints so I let it fly thru the first 10 and I stop and I make changes. can I pickup up way 11? if not, how can I copy the entire mission to a new one and delete the first 10?

I'm on foot throughout the mission and I need to pause so I can walk ahead and get into position to observe what's going on and make sure this part of the mission is safe. how do you un-pause a mission?

how do I incorporate an orbit in the mission other than several waypoints circling a poi?

I'm a big fan of missions because I like the one continuous cut and I don't mind the stop and transitions.

I had some questions about missions but obviously they won't respond in the yt comments so maybe I'll try here:

when I'm in the field tweaking the mission, let's say I have 25 waypoints so I let it fly thru the first 10 and I stop and I make changes. can I pickup up way 11? if not, how can I copy the entire mission to a new one and delete the first 10?

I'm on foot throughout the mission and I need to pause so I can walk ahead and get into position to observe what's going on and make sure this part of the mission is safe. how do you un-pause a mission?

how do I incorporate an orbit in the mission other than several waypoints circling a poi?

I'm a big fan of missions because I like the one continuous cut and I don't mind the stop and transitions.
Lol well considering what you are doing defeats the entire purpose of a "Mission PLANNED" Flight which means you have the entire area and flight path mapped out and already know of these things ahead of time. Plus there is a simple duplicate button while in the mission planner section and to also add to that, there is the pause button for which I would only use if there was let's say a smidge on the camera and I wanted to manually fly home to fix the cam and then press resume to have it then resume flying from the current waypoint that it was originally paused at.
Just so you know, these are truly made for complete automated flights and for it to capture video footage much easier do to having a custom or manual heading option so that the Drone will continue to control the flight and you can completely focus on capturing your footage for whatever it may be.. What is also a feature that I truly love to pieces is the fact the drone will CONTINUE the ENTIRETY of the mission planned flight even if you completely LOSE ALL SIGNAL ? I found this out by accident one day and totally crapped my pants thinking I had lost it for good! But after reviewing the footage to see what had happened , I discovered he went and did the rest of his journey and then lone behold, the little pup pup came back to his daddy and landed safe on his landing pad ??

After watching the video above about Autel's waypoint mission planner, I decided I really needed to go ahead and program up a mission for the first time and see how it works. I am a long time Litchi waypoint guy with my Mavics - so I was excited to think maybe Autel was making their move. Well.... I set up a quick 6 waypoint short range flight as a first test for my Evo II 8K. I started the mission, the aircraft took off, went to the first waypoint, aimed the gimbal angle to the point of interest, and then immediately upon heading to waypoint 2 - shut off completely and fell from the sky like a rock from 150 feet straight onto an asphalt parking lot. The poor baby was splattered into about 10-15 pieces with carnage everywhere in a 40-50 foot radius lol. Talk about a crash and burn - wow. Anyway I am just wondering if anyone anywhere has seen or heard anything similar. I had the latest firmware running and explorer up to date. I use an iPad Mini 4

So I contacted Autel, and they requested to have the poor birds parts sent home for a postmortem analysis. After about one week or so they emailed me and stated they were replacing the Evo II at no charge. That is fantastic customer care. No BS, just straight up took care of me. They are a stand up company in my mind.

I guess I will be very nervous when I head out to do another waypoint mission planner test on the new bird when it arrives. I think I will set altitude to 3 feet and run it at 5 mph over a open soft grass field lol

Enjoy the attached pics

IMG_2336.JPGIMG_2337.JPGIMG_2336.JPGIMG_2337.JPGIMG_2339.JPG

To me it looks like power failure. Perhaps one if the cables that connect to the pin of the battery was lose? Either way, I belive it would have fallen regarless of what type of flight it was.

I have not asked Autel for the cause - thought I would wait until the new aircraft arrives here and see if they included a write-up in the box. I will report back once I get it. The power absolutely failed, but it I was using a proven and relatively low life battery. I was thinking maybe a glitch in the mission planner. In any case, I will press for a reason after I get the new aircraft. I for sure want to know what happened.Mainly I am looking there o see if anyone else has seen or heard of anything like this.

Actually, I still have the battery, since Autel told me not to include it when sending the bird back. I will open it up and check it carefully to see if I can spot something.

Here is a link t my very short (lol) unlisted youtube video in case you want to see what was recorded ->

The video was only started up at arrival at 1st waypoint - so it is extremely short.

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
They should give you a run down of everything that was discovered from the black box inside the mainboard of the Drone which 1 of them happened to eject from the fuselage and are somewhat lucky it wasn't lost along with that expensive flipping battery lmao but thankfully they are rough as nails and not so fragile as Autel seems them to be but that also depends on the type of crash and the extent of damage done to the battery. Plus just know if you use a battery involved in a prior crash and they find out and something happens again while you're using the battery they will not warranty anything no matter what the cause is, found that in the fine print lol but ultimately they're the best hands down when it comes to Customer service and doing what's right even when they don't have to. Surprisingly I got lucky like that with DJI when I got one of the first rounds of the Phantom 4 Adv.+ units and on the very 3rd flight since unboxing and the second day of having it, it drops 141ft from no reason at all on a routine RTH which I initiated and still had 35% battery left. Even though I bought all the extra insurance and replacement packages basically stating that I could have anything happen at any time or even drown it in a lake, blow it up, burn it, whatever I did I would get a new drone no questions asked all for 50 bucks ?? I won't if DJI still does that type of service because I can assure you they don't do this quality of service like AUTEL does. Ohh boii are they the great white buffalo of the drone industry or what????

That video doesn't look like a power failure, it was falling before the video cut out.

Did it throw a prop first?

Is it possible to do a waypoint mission that for example is from east to west, but I want the drone to be facing the north as it’s taking pictures along the route ?

Can you give insight as to how I can d
If you're referring to the waypoint missions:
1) You can add a Point Of Interest, and it will focus on that as it flies.
2) You can set the heading of the aircraft to be oriented along the route, toward a degree heading, or manually controlled.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58