Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to look up TFRs

If I use Airmap w/ LAANC will I see the TFRs for the area I want to fly?
(Hey! That is a good question!)

I have found that those short TFRs don't show up in Airmap. I also have found that UAV Forecast does show them.

Interesting! You'd think Airmap would be the one to show TFRs, not UAV Forecast as it is mostly a "weather" app. Thankx for the info...

It is important to understand how to look up TFRs and should be done prior to every flight. Glancing at the FAA news site is not going to cut it. I suggest everyone bookmark this:

Thats the BEST source for TFRs! I noticed a TFR on my DJI app over Nashville after the bombing but I couldn't find any reference to it in local Notams or any of my other apps.
After a lot of clicking i found that link.
The DJI app showed the TFR number and maybe if a searched that number I might have found it earlier.

I frequently fly in TFRs around forest fires. When I submit the FAA request to fly in the TFR I use a screen clip from the SkyVector online sectional for the area. They seem to be very prompt at posting the latest TFRs usually w/in hours. However, I have found that they are less diligent about removing old ones that have been canceled by the original requesting agency.

Reactions: advexure
I frequently fly in TFRs around forest fires. When I submit the FAA request to fly in the TFR I use a screen clip from the SkyVector online sectional for the area. They seem to be very prompt at posting the latest TFRs usually w/in hours. However, I have found that they are less diligent about removing old ones that have been canceled by the original requesting agency.

Certainly agree. We’re run into some TFR for fires that are long 100% contained and there are no more operations associated for them. Sure wish they’d do a better job of closing the loop once the operation ends.

Reactions: UasDriver

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja