Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to change profile picture in Explorer app?

D

Deleted member 8818

Saw the instructions for doing this in the Evo I forum, followed them and it does not work on the Evo 2 which is what I have.
Evo 2 V1 (Renewed)

The app appears to let me try and change the picture, but opening up my profile, then touching the blank picture.
My personal information displays, and then I open the blank profile picture again and shows three options. Album - Take a Photo - Cancel

The album option fails silently, With no change to the picture. The Take a Photo option gets me all the way to the photo cropping stage, then says "Access Denied".

Cancel, cancels.

So... anyone else tried this and successfully changed their profile picture?

Saw the instructions for doing this in the Evo I forum, followed them and it does not work on the Evo 2 which is what I have.
Evo 2 V1 (Renewed)

The app appears to let me try and change the picture, but opening up my profile, then touching the blank picture.
My personal information displays, and then I open the blank profile picture again and shows three options. Album - Take a Photo - Cancel

The album option fails silently, With no change to the picture. The Take a Photo option gets me all the way to the photo cropping stage, then says "Access Denied".

Cancel, cancels.

So... anyone else tried this and successfully changed their profile picture?

You actually do not do that through the Autel Explorer. Just connect the device where the Autel Explorer resides to your computer. Using Windows Explorer, open up your smartphone/tablet and browse to:

Internal Shared Storage → Android → Data → com.autelrobotics.explorer → files

Find the file named videoCoverThumb2.jpg

Rename the .jpg you want to use to the same name (case sensitive) and replace it.

Likewise you can also replace the file named videoCover.mp4, if you are sick of Whale Sharks.

I used this one and added a soundtrack... :cool:

In the interest of transparency, not my footage... the volcano in Iceland.
Musical Credit... "Dance on a Volcano" movement within Los Endos, © 1976 Genesis.

Also not my idea, as @Rattlebars had posted this process, elsewhere on the board.

Reactions: DaveMH
Right, so I tried all that, and it didn't work. I even switched the app the Evo 1 version and it still didn't work.

Anyone got a picture of their explorer app profile picture that shows this working?

Seems like a bug, but maybe I just don't know the Autel Secret handshake.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy