Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How many batteries are you getting?

easyheimer

Reaction score
I purchased the Autel Evo 2 Pro Rugged Bundle and it comes with a total of 2 batteries. I did purchase an additional battery but wondering if I even need it with it’s near 40 minute flight time. I’ve always had at least 3 batteries with all my drones. I also got the extra battery for $150 so it seemed like quite a deal from what all the other sites are listing it for.

Thanks in advance!

I purchased the Autel Evo 2 Pro Rugged Bundle and it comes with a total of 2 batteries. I did purchase an additional battery but wondering if I even need it with it’s near 40 minute flight time. I’ve always had at least 3 batteries with all my drones. I also got the extra battery for $150 so it seemed like quite a deal from what all the other sites are listing it for.

Thanks in advance!
I too ordered the 8K Rugged Bundle and feel confident about that number. Time will tell whether that will be enough. I am debating the purchase of the car charger and charging hub for more options for the batteries that I will have. I am curious as to how long the batteries will take to charge with the included charger.

Thanks in advance!

I ordered the 8k rugged bundle as well. I'll try and work with the two batteries and see if that works well enough. Any more and I see a hub coming as well.

Reactions: easyheimer
This is my 4th drone and my opinion/experiences.
I have the EVO I and have 4 batteries...
On this drone, I have never opened the box for two of them.

I used to travel a lot and liked to take my drones when I went places because, well you never know!
I have car chargers for all and very seldom use them.
The vehicle has to be on and preferably be running for a good charge.
On my EVO I batteries it takes about 1 1/2- 2 hours to charge a battery with the car running on a trip,
too long IMO to worry about charging a battery.
I get about 20 Min+/- with my EVO and for most of the time feel this has been enough time to fly and see what I want to film.
Lets face it, with the Drones range, how much area can you film in one flight?
If you make a video to post, how much time will someone watch it before they get bored?
Average video on these forums is about 4 minutes.

NOW...
If you are using the drone for business, roof inspections, mapping, real estate, ect on a daily basis,
probably at least 4 to meet the drones time uses.

If you travel a lot and are not near a good power source, I would think three GOOD batteries would be enough.
If you fly from home and just go to the lake for a day, two would be sufficient.
I think a batteries would last about 1 1/2 years before it would have to be replaced for a long flight time, then would be the time get get more.

I would like to hear other's opinions to also help ME decide whe nit time to get my EVO II

Reactions: Jelloguard
I ordered the 8k rugged bundle as well. I'll try and work with the two batteries and see if that works well enough. Any more and I see a hub coming as well.

Where did you purchase your Rugged Bundle from? My 6k Rugged Bundle comes with the charging hub and car charger.

For me having extra batteries is about keeping the charge cycles down. Longer battery life.

Where is the point of diminishing returns? If you had 4 wouldn't 8 be better to keep cycles down; or 12?

Why not just buy new ones as needed and keep the cash in you pocket?

Reactions: Atomic08
I too ordered the 8k rugged bundle. 2 batteries should be enough for me, I am contemplating purchasing the charging hub though.

Where did you purchase your Rugged Bundle from? My 6k Rugged Bundle comes with the charging hub and car charger.

That's awesome! I haven't seen a bundle that is so generous. Makes me want to cancel mine and order from them...

Depending on charge time, you may be able to perpetually rotate batteries with one battery active in the drone and two on the charging hub.

I'm thinking 2 will be fine (for now). That is whenever my drone actually ships/shows up.

When did you order/preorder with drone-works?

I ordered in February and paid my balance off in March and I still don't have mine or any communication regarding when I can anticipate it.

When did you order/preorder with drone-works?

I ordered in February and paid my balance off in March and I still don't have mine or any communication regarding when I can anticipate it.

I ordered mine from Drone Works in March. I've heard and seen virtually nothing other than an email I got yesterday saying they are shipping as they are receiving.

I guess I'll see mine in August?

I ordered mine from Drone Works in March. I've heard and seen virtually nothing other than an email I got yesterday saying they are shipping as they are receiving.

I guess I'll see mine in August?

I feel your pain! I'm hoping before the end of May! I just keep checking my email several times a day hoping for that tracking info.

More individualized communication from the company would be nice.

I feel your pain! I'm hoping before the end of May! I just keep checking my email several times a day hoping for that tracking info.

More individualized communication from the company would be nice.

I did get a FB post from someone at Drone Works that I'll need seeing my unit "soon" and that's "all he can say". ??‍♂️

(Looking our my front door repeatedly now)

My 6k Rugged Bundle comes with the charging hub and car charger.
Are you sure it comes with the multi-charging hub? BHPhoto listed it that way for awhile then pulled the listing and replaced it with a no-hub listing and higher price. Also, the 1UpDrones ad listed it incorrectly but when I asked, they responded that there is no hub or car charger in the 6K Pro bundle. They sent me this updated packing list:

image002-1.png

I did get a FB post from someone at Drone Works that I'll need seeing my unit "soon" and that's "all he can say". ??‍♂️

(Looking our my front door repeatedly now)

I PM'd them on FB too and received the same "soon" response. First the response was "once you get your tracking, your drone is on the way!" which was pretty douchy. That was the 2nd time they've used that line with me.

I'm beginning to think they're waiting for the rugged bundles and will ship 1 full item instead of the drone then the rugged bundle unlike what they said in their Apr 22nd update.

Back to checking my email every few hours hoping for that tracking info, lol.

I PM'd them on FB too and received the same "soon" response. First the response was "once you get your tracking, your drone is on the way!" which was pretty douchy. That was the 2nd time they've used that line with me.

I'm beginning to think they're waiting for the rugged bundles and will ship 1 full item instead of the drone then the rugged bundle unlike what they said in their Apr 22nd update.

Back to checking my email every few hours hoping for that tracking info, lol.

I chatted with the owner on another forum and he stated that they would be shipping the drone and battery and then a separate shipment once the case came in.

I'm cutting them some slack. A lot of orders, the initial software holdup, Covid-19. But yes, I wish they would put something on the site letting me know what the status is of my order.

Reactions: House Forasken
I'm getting 3 , like someone else in here said, I've always had 3 batteries with all my drones it seems like the perfect number to me. I didn't order the rugged bundle , just the regular Evo II 8K that comes with 1 battery . Wellbots shipped my second battery last week, tracking says it should be here Wednesday got a great deal too, 25 off of my first order plus PayPal gave me 10 bucks off of my 1st order with them, all in all only paid 184 for it . Still waiting on the third one to ship from Advexure , I bought that one when I ordered the drone. They told me a big shipment is coming this week with at least 80.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy