Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

HOW I WISH!

JSTorsrud

Reaction score
How I wish there were other After Market Manufacturers making product and ADD On's for the EVO.

I just received a message from Autel, concerning the Multi Charger. They said they don't have any idea when it will be available, but it was still in development!

With DJI cancelling production of the PHANTOM Series, it appears the Drone Industry is going straight down the SHTTER!

So, unless Autel or DJI are secretly working on the next GREAT Consumer Drone, I guess Drones will be gone in the next 5 years, at least for consumer and hobby pilots like myself. Too Bad!

The Phantom series isn't discontinued. At least DJI has yet to admit they will discontinue it. They only admitted to the Phantom 4 Pro v1.0 and original Phantom 4. The advance and 2.0 should still be in production. I understand that they have been out of stock for a while from the DJI webpage, but they keep emerging on other places, so there has to be a source somewhere.

The next big cash cow is in Enterprise drones. Sadly, the consumer side of the business is saturated, so you will see many companies steering away from it until it dries up.

The Phantom series isn't discontinued. At least DJI has yet to admit they will discontinue it. They only admitted to the Phantom 4 Pro v1.0 and original Phantom 4. The advance and 2.0 should still be in production. I understand that they have been out of stock for a while from the DJI webpage, but they keep emerging on other places, so there has to be a source somewhere.

The next big cash cow is in Enterprise drones. Sadly, the consumer side of the business is saturated, so you will see many companies steering away from it until it dries up.
The big issue with the consumer drone market is the morons that don't follow the rules and screwing this market with accidents that are publicly in the news and government making more strictly laws. The Enterprise market at least you need to pass a test and be a business to able to use a drone. The Enterprise market pay big money to Uncle Sam which make this more attractive to lawmakers in money revenue than the consumer market.

Reactions: UnRanged
Some fatalistic dispositions here.... im a little more optimistic about the future of drones (not necessarily drone laws), there's so much room for improvement for virtually every drone out there, I think they're here to stay in the consumer hobby realm.

Personally I'm a less government, fewer laws type person, but it wouldn't bother me too much if they required an actual license to fly one over X lbs. or whatever. As long as they didn't make it unreasonably difficult in order to discourage people from trying or succeeding. Maybe that would weed out some of the less responsible types that are giving drone hobbyists a bad name and save the hobby for the rest of us.

Reactions: WayneH and UnRanged
How I wish there were other After Market Manufacturers making product and ADD On's for the EVO.

I just received a message from Autel, concerning the Multi Charger. They said they don't have any idea when it will be available, but it was still in development!

With DJI cancelling production of the PHANTOM Series, it appears the Drone Industry is going straight down the SHTTER!

So, unless Autel or DJI are secretly working on the next GREAT Consumer Drone, I guess Drones will be gone in the next 5 years, at least for consumer and hobby pilots like myself. Too Bad!
DJI isn't going anywhere! They have simply standardized on the Mavic platform, as an improvement on the Phantom platform, going forward.

DJI isn't going anywhere! They have simply standardized on the Mavic platform, as an improvement on the Phantom platform, going forward.
That may be so, but DJI never announces anything, unless they have a big Roll out event. My Phantoms are the Last DJI products I will be buying from DJI, EVER!

I have my EVO and when Autel is gone, that will be the end of my DRONE Hobby!

That may be so, but DJI never announces anything, unless they have a big Roll out event. My Phantoms are the Last DJI products I will be buying from DJI, EVER!

I have my EVO and when Autel is gone, that will be the end of my DRONE Hobby!
"Smoke 'em if you got 'em!" ;)
Enjoy them while you still can!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58