Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hot motors

rkyleh

Reaction score
How hot is to hot after a flight? About 88 degrees no wind short flight. They are uncomfortable to touch wont burn you but still hot!!

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Really good question, I suddenly need an answer as well.... It's been over 100F for weeks in AZ, how hot is too hot???

Really good question, I suddenly need an answer as well.... It's been over 100F for weeks in AZ, how hot is too hot???
I flew all last summer in the heat in NV. I never had a problem with the motors getting hot- just me. For some reason mine have been getting hot to the touch lately. I had a chat with Autel and they didn't seem to worried. The last thing he said was if they are to hot to touch on a cool day then you should worry. So I will fly them till they melt.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I flew all last summer in the heat in NV. I never had a problem with the motors getting hot- just me. For some reason mine have been getting hot to the touch lately. I had a chat with Autel and they didn't seem to worried. The last thing he said was if they are to hot to touch on a cool day then you should worry. So I will fly them till they melt.
Great info! TY!

I would suggest using an IR temp gun and keeping a record of the temps after flight. That would at least tell you if they are increasing. Mine get hot too, but you have to expect that. Most of that heat is from energy transfer.

Too hot is when you can't hold them for longer than 10 seconds or so. Once the motors get too hot it starts to degrade the magnets. I had this issue when building a few RC planes; the motor specs specify a prop size (with the appropriate ESC) and a few motors got way too hot (190F+). Upping the voltage or changing the prop made a difference. I oil the motor bearings about every 5 hours with a needle oiler. So far no issues on my XSP.

How hot is to hot after a flight? About 88 degrees no wind short flight. They are uncomfortable to touch wont burn you but still hot!!
My mavic gets very hot motors after flying but it doesn't seem to hurt it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183