Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Horizon Tilt

@JD

Reaction score
I use my evo 2 pro commercially, before the last and latest update I recall no horizon tilt issues. To the best of my knowledge since the latest firmware update, I have a tilted horizon. I've done the whole imu,compass,gimbal calibrations.....even changed the order to see if that would have any affect. This is beyond frustrating, short of sending it in to auto, has anyone found a fix for this issue? also, drone has never been crashed or even landed roughly. Also I understand I can correct it in post, but I didn't have to do this before. Thanks in advance!

I've done the whole imu,compass,gimbal calibrations.....even changed the order to see if that would have any affect.
I'm sure this is a dumb question but did you correct the horizon while on the ground after calibrating the gimbal?..... mine has a pretty bad tilt that needed to be corrected in settings after gimbal calibration.

all I've done were imu (level surface), compass (outside), gimbal (level surface)....nothing has worked

what I do does not stick so I have resorted to correcting in post if necessary and for whatever reason it seems like only a few clips need it.

all I've done were imu (level surface), compass (outside), gimbal (level surface)....nothing has worked
I'm still trying understand if you have done the correction using Adjust Gimbal settings or just did the gimbal auto calibration. If you've done this, I don't have anything else to add.

oh okay, yes gimbal in auto calibration. in the manual adjust, I have to set the roll to 2.0! not cool

I wondered about that, so if I set it to whatever is level, it will stay at that setting consistently? or will I have to set it each time I power it on? also when reviewing your footage does it look corrected? the horizon that is?

I wondered about that, so if I set it to whatever is level, it will stay at that setting consistently? or will I have to set it each time I power it on? also when reviewing your footage does it look corrected? the horizon that is?
The setting stays between flights/power ons and keeps my horizon level. It looks correct in the footage.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles