Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Horizon tilt

@JD

Reaction score
Disappointed after latest firmware update I am now experiencing a slight tilt to the left in my footage and images, yes I can correct in post but I miss not having to do that, especially when your doing this commercially. Any thoughts are appreciated...

Disappointed after latest firmware update I am now experiencing a slight tilt to the left in my footage and images, yes I can correct in post but I miss not having to do that, especially when your doing this commercially. Any thoughts are appreciated...

Have you tried a gimbal calibration? Is the tilt always there? Honestly I've never had a drone in 10+yrs of flying that has a perfect horizon all of the time so I don't even think twice about having to correct it in post.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Photo

This issue is discussed in the following post:

The Real Way to Fix That Crooked Horizon

@Blade Strike has confirmed that the order of calibrations specified in this post is correct.

Finally, Autel gives you the option, of manually adjusting your gimbal settings. It's listed in the gimbal menu and a reasonably good video demonstrating the procedure, can be found here:

Perform all the calibrations listed in the The Real Way to Fix That Crooked Horizon, before manually adjusting the gimbal. Note your settings, because when you perform the calibrations again, your gimbal adjustments will zero out.

As @herein2021 stated above, it will not eliminate the need to correct in post... but you will be at a closer starting point.

the manual ability is nice, but unfortunate that I even have to do this. I believe this is from the latest update and wasn't there to start. Fix in post, sure....but shouldn't have to in my opinion.

the manual ability is nice, but unfortunate that I even have to do this. I believe this is from the latest update and wasn't there to start. Fix in post, sure....but shouldn't have to in my opinion.
The manual calibration does not work In Air for me at Evo 2 Pro...only on ground...Your's work in AIR?
nasty thing is that sometimes you see in air that you are decalibrated (shxt happens) and cannot do a correction as seems that A.Explorer does not do it in air...
Am I wrong?

The manual calibration does not work In Air for me at Evo 2 Pro...only on ground...Your's work in AIR?
nasty thing is that sometimes you see in air that you are decalibrated (shxt happens) and cannot do a correction as seems that A.Explorer does not do it in air...
Am I wrong?
My manual corrections hold even when in the air... and keep the horizon nice and level but I set them initially on the ground.

My manual corrections hold even when in the air... and keep the horizon nice and level but I set them initially on the ground.
Me also...the question was if is working also in air...as sometimes you rise the drone and see the tilt only when you are UP. :)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d