Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Home point

REC

Reaction score
Does it create a new home point each time it takes off?

Why would the home point get corrupted during the flight. In other words...why would RTH bring the craft back and land way off from the home point, by sometimes as much as 30 feet? Since the last couple firmware updates it's been doing this. Please don't say compass calibration. I've calibrated it several times but I don't believe the compass has anything to do with this feature. It's all GPS.

Drone Gps has a margin of error of +-10 meters or 30 feet. It is the way they were designed.

Drone Gps has a margin of error of +-10 meters or 30 feet. It is the way they were designed.
I don't believe that. My EVO used to return to home and land within an inch or two from where it took off, consistently. Not until an update was performed did it suddenly start missing it's mark.

I don't believe that. My EVO used to return to home and land within an inch or two from where it took off, consistently. Not until an update was performed did it suddenly start missing it's mark.
That is where the VPS comes into play. The little camera underneath your drone is a monochrome camera that takes a photo of your landing area when it takes off. That with the ultrasonic sensors which send a sonar type pulse of the area to determine it's take off point is what makes the precision RTH. What I suggest is that you verify that you have VPS turned on. If it's on, then I suggest you contact Autel, since your VPS may not be working properly.

The takeoff location should have some contrast or pattern that can be easily recognized by the drone vision system. Make sure your GPS has a good connection before T/O.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials