Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hey from Texas

john_texas

Reaction score
Long time Phantom 2 pilot but haven't flown it in a few years, was going to get the Phantom back in the air but the batteries were puffed. So I'm now comfortably in the Autel Evo 2 Pro camp. Flown two batteries so far but much to explore.

Reactions: advexure
I was flying today in average wind speeds of about 12 mph and gusts to 20, flying the E2 was really, really easy. I was quite impressed, it's a joy to fly. My Phantom 2 was a handful to fly in any wind (for me) over about 5-7 mph.

Reactions: Third Eye View
Picking up my Evo II Pro Thursday here in Houston, Texas.

Barely flew my 3DR but loved it when I did. Looking forward to getting back in the sky. Have to brush up on all the regulations and register my new aircraft though.

Reactions: john_texas
Excellent! I am very impressed with the Evo 2 but study your downloaded manuals, one for the E2 and one for the Explorer app. There are some "gotchas" like if you are flying a route that includes an elevation change. The E2 doesn't know about altitude above ground, just altitude above sea level.

Excellent! I am very impressed with the Evo 2 but study your downloaded manuals, one for the E2 and one for the Explorer app. There are some "gotchas" like if you are flying a route that includes an elevation change. The E2 doesn't know about altitude above ground, just altitude above sea level.
The Evo cannot determine MSL. The altitude you get throughout the flight is AGL from take off point.

The Evo cannot determine MSL. The altitude you get throughout the flight is AGL from take off point.
Exactly - found that out the hard way. My E2 was smart enough to stop and hover until I rescued it by manually flying.

Hey Adam. We lived in Austin when traffic wasn't a nightmare - which was a very, very long time ago :)

LOL. Covid has fixed our traffic problems for the time being! A silver lining??

I grew up in the Houston/Galveston area... but have been here since about 94. It’s changed a lot, even just since then.

Yup, very familiar with Houston. Talk about a traffic nightmare - they were really bad a long time before Austin was. Our small town has one flashing traffic light, that's enough!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottD