Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Help Please - Video Card or Complete Desktop

Hawkeye Alaska

Reaction score
I've been watching my 4K videos from my Asus ZenPad 10 and decided to download to desktop and I can't watch them because of flickering. No problems with 1080p.

I have 8GB Ram, 2 TB hard drive, x64 Windows 10, AMD A8-7410 2200 Mhz processor & AMD Radeon R5 Graphics. Can I just get a better graphics card or is this thing already an antique?

Thanks,

Hawk

I've been watching my 4K videos from my Asus ZenPad 10 and decided to download to desktop and I can't watch them because of flickering. No problems with 1080p.

I have 8GB Ram, 2 TB hard drive, x64 Windows 10, AMD A8-7410 2200 Mhz processor & AMD Radeon R5 Graphics. Can I just get a better graphics card or is this thing already an antique?

Thanks,

Hawk
Consider getting a new PC. I run a Win 10, 16GB RAM, 3 SSD of 128GB in RAID mode, 2 GTX 860 in SLI, and a Intel I7 4660HQ at 2.4Ghz and I am only able to run 4K videos with Media Player Classic. No other player can run them. Never mind editing. The previews while editing are a nightmare to watch. I usually hit and miss when editing. I am waiting for march-may when the new NVIDIA RTX cards are more accesible to buy my new desktop.

My kid just got a NVidia GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti and his computer is pretty old with only 8 Gigs of ram. It will play his games 3 times as fast but the computer will lock up the mouse from time to time because it cannot handle the increase speeds from the card.

Now on the other hand my computer is around six years old. When bought it was bottom of the line for gaming with only 8 gigs of ram. Because of the processor I cannot add more ram so I upgraded the card a couple of years ago to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti and I have no problems playing or editing 4K videos. Rendering the videos are slow but workable. Its not the best solution but if you are on a tight budget it might be a way to go.

My kid just got a NVidia GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti and his computer is pretty old with only 8 Gigs of ram. It will play his games 3 times as fast but the computer will lock up the mouse from time to time because it cannot handle the increase speeds from the card.

Now on the other hand my computer is around six years old. When bought it was bottom of the line for gaming with only 8 gigs of ram. Because of the processor I cannot add more ram so I upgraded the card a couple of years ago to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti and I have no problems playing or editing 4K videos. Rendering the videos are slow but workable. Its not the best solution but if you are on a tight budget it might be a way to go.
Are you able to do playback before the final processing? I find that mine jumps a lot and the audio skips ahead of the video. My PC is DDR3 which is slow in today standards. I can play the most recent games, but about a year ago I have to play them in medium resolution or low... She is 5 years old.

Mine plays 4K video no problem. I do use MPC-HC player. My kid can play 99% of his games but he says the FPS on them is low. He is finding the newer games coming out not worth even trying to play on this computer. I been tossing the idea of building one or just replacing the processor, ram and video card but even to do that we are looking at 2 grand for what we want to upgrade to. :eek:

Reactions: Ansia
Mine plays 4K video no problem. I do use MPC-HC player. My kid can play 99% of his games but he says the FPS on them is low. He is finding the newer games coming out not worth even trying to play on this computer. I been tossing the idea of building one or just replacing the processor, ram and video card but even to do that we are looking at 2 grand for what we want to upgrade to. :eek:
Tell me about it. I outgrew the hassle of build your own PCs. The one I want is somewhere in the 5 grand area. Realistically, I will end up in the 2.5k area. My current PC is 5 years old and can still run latest and greatest games. Like you said, the FPS is poor, but they run. As for 4K, well... my TV's max resolution is 1080P. Although I can run 4K videos fine with MPC, there really is no point, since what I see is just a downscaled to 1080p version.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Thanks,

Hawk
If this is not a home built pc it would be easier to help you if you had the model number. There are a few variables to look at but obviously CPU ,RAM and GPU are what you need to look at most likely. Your CPU looks like a lower mid range one. The R5 Radeons are not very good for gaming so it would not be that good for graphics and editing. Another good thing if you are going to buy a new pc or laptop is getting an SSD instead of a disk type HDD because they are much faster and have no moving parts thus making it last longer. But again CPU, GPU and Ram are what you need to look at.
I have this Acer Predator Helios 300 in which i've seen some good deals on it lately. There is also a newer model with a 17 inch screen. Unless you get into a pc with 4k it is a very good laptop. It has an M2 SSD which looks more like a stick of ram than it does a typical SSD and it's even faster. The laptop also has another spot for an extra SSD. The laptop boots into windows from off in 9 seconds.

Edit: Forgot to mention mine was upgraded at purchase to 16GB of ram. I removed the 1TB HDD from the secondary spot and put an SSD in it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller