Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Help, please...aircraft and remote disconnected (but they are not)

House Forasken

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to get everything working last night, I was hoping to do all the updates.

At first my controller wasn't pairing with the EVO II, I reset the controller and EVO numerous times. The rear lights were were flashing yellow and the remote showed "connecting" so I did the pairing like you do for a new remote. It worked...sort of. The connection wizard show's this.
Screenshot_20200602-045154_Autel Explorer.jpgScreenshot_20200602-045201_Autel Explorer.jpgScreenshot_20200602-045230_Autel Explorer.jpg

But the remote displayed Atti mode and also GPS flight.
20200602_045511.jpg20200602_045449.jpg

Also when I hit the camera button, an error messages shows "remote control and aircraft disconnected". The camera does not display.

I do plan on calling Autel this morning but wanted to see if anyone here had some suggestions.

Thank you!!

Did you hear back from Autel? Looks like your controller is at 25%, the battery and controller need to be at least 50% charged when doing the firmware update. Did you try the firmware update first using an sd card or wifi? Just trying to help out.

Did you hear back from Autel? Looks like your controller is at 25%, the battery and controller need to be at least 50% charged when doing the firmware update. Did you try the firmware update first using an sd card or wifi? Just trying to help out.

Thanks for checking in!

My initial issue was the connection wizard would not connect the remote to the drone via the app. The remote was connected to the drone (as it shows in the photos above), but wasn't recognized in the app. I couldn't get to the updates because of this.

I did call Autel and they advised me to try a few things. Try a different cable, try a different device, uninstall and reinstall the app.

I tried a different cable and still had no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and BOOM, it all came together.

Hopefully this weekend I'll get her out for her maiden flight.

I'm not sure if this is related but in my setup (Android) once I connect the controller-phone USB cable, turn on controller, turn on drone, next open Explorer App then it does not see the controller. I have to unplug and plug back USB cable, then the application gets connected to the controller.
Not sure if there is something wrong with my phone or this is area of improvement for Autel, but in DJI case the application starts up automatically as soon as controller is powered on or the cable is plugged to controller already up.

I'm not sure if this is related but in my setup (Android) once I connect the controller-phone USB cable, turn on controller, turn on drone, next open Explorer App then it does not see the controller. I have to unplug and plug back USB cable, then the application gets connected to the controller.
Not sure if there is something wrong with my phone or this is area of improvement for Autel, but in DJI case the application starts up automatically as soon as controller is powered on or the cable is plugged to controller already up.
I was also having issues with my phone not connecting or disconnecting from the controller. I scraped out the usb c port area on my phone and found some plastic in there. Looks like the kind of plastic you find on a new screen. Maybe give that a shot?
I've had no more connection issues with my phone since.

I was also having issues with my phone not connecting or disconnecting from the controller. I scraped out the usb c port area on my phone and found some plastic in there. Looks like the kind of plastic you find on a new screen. Maybe give that a shot?
I've had no more connection issues with my phone since.
Hi, thanks for you hint. It looks not the case here, my phone is 2 years old and it has annoying USB Micro-B connector, the same as in remote controller aside type A regular size connector.

In Android app info there is "Open by default" setting, I cleared it to defaults. Now the difference is that Autel Explorer starts automatically after USB cable is re-plugged. But it helped just partially. There is still the original problem that I have to power up the controller first and plug USB afterwards.

That's because the cable you are using is USB 2.2 set to be a receive cable, there are two types, yes I didn't know either, or you could even have a USB 3.0 Cable, even worse, you need an older type cable then it wont have to turn device on first and then cable, the cable has a sensor that waits for a Higher Voltage on one pin to trigger whatever is on the other end... try it, I had same problem.

Reactions: Andrzej
Charmin, thanks for your reply. I was not aware of it. I tried two other cables but no change. I will look for older cables and keep trying. Thanks!

Hi,

I tried to get everything working last night, I was hoping to do all the updates.

At first my controller wasn't pairing with the EVO II, I reset the controller and EVO numerous times. The rear lights were were flashing yellow and the remote showed "connecting" so I did the pairing like you do for a new remote. It worked...sort of. The connection wizard show's this.
View attachment 7195View attachment 7196View attachment 7197

But the remote displayed Atti mode and also GPS flight.
View attachment 7198View attachment 7199

Also when I hit the camera button, an error messages shows "remote control and aircraft disconnected". The camera does not display.

I do plan on calling Autel this morning but wanted to see if anyone here had some suggestions.

Thank you!!
hi friend, i have the exactly same problem like you decribed the evo2, my evo2 have this situation since date 20 april this year, till yesterday i found the autel official site have the newest warefirm, so i go to download and update successful, and yesternight first time inside room can connected with my controller and i try to take a photos same can, but today, went ouside house play again, only few minutes the same situations happened again, i buy the evo2 from china, but now im in another country, don't have autel service points, im so frustrated since the problem happened till now few months i can't play the drone. want to know whether your problem solved or not.

Reactions: House Forasken
This is called Planned Obsolescence.
At Autel, it's very fast. We bring out a new device and Hop, a wave of the magic wand and we tell you that the old one will no longer be repaired (X-Star vs Evo1, Evo 1 vs Evo 2 and soon Evo 2 vs Evo 2 series 2 .... ).
What do you want, there are some who only think of profit while others also think of the consumer.

This is called Planned Obsolescence.
At Autel, it's very fast. We bring out a new device and Hop, a wave of the magic wand and we tell you that the old one will no longer be repaired (X-Star vs Evo1, Evo 1 vs Evo 2 and soon Evo 2 vs Evo 2 series 2 .... ).
What do you want, there are some who only think of profit while others also think of the consumer.
if like this, i will be really dispointed with this brand, at least DJI cover the drone if broken by innormal situations.

hi friend, i have the exactly same problem like you decribed the evo2, my evo2 have this situation since date 20 april this year, till yesterday i found the autel official site have the newest warefirm, so i go to download and update successful, and yesternight first time inside room can connected with my controller and i try to take a photos same can, but today, went ouside house play again, only few minutes the same situations happened again, i buy the evo2 from china, but now im in another country, don't have autel service points, im so frustrated since the problem happened till now few months i can't play the drone. want to know whether your problem solved or not.
Hi,

Thank you for checking!

I did resolve it by resetting the aircraft and redownloading/updating the firmware.

today i contact with the technical support, and send them a video, they say maybe its manufacture problem, need to send back check.

update to my newest situations, now the problem is the remote controller will auto disconnected with the evo2, and then the remote controller screen will continuously shows connecting, but when operating joystick on the remote controller, the evo2 still have responses activity from the remote controller.

update to my newest situations, now the problem is the remote controller will auto disconnected with the evo2, and then the remote controller screen will continuously shows connecting, but when operating joystick on the remote controller, the evo2 still have responses activity from the remote controller.
Any solution to this? I'm having the same problem.

I had the same problem, and tried to change cable couple times, but it still didn't work. Finally, I changed SD card to a faster R/W one, now it works.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t