Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Help I phone pro max 13 dimming when using Auto sky app

Mdpenney

Reaction score
When I'm using my I phone pro max 13 with the Auto Sky app flying my Lite + the screen dims after about 3 min of flight time. It dims slightly at first the gets so dark it's hard to see. Anyone have a fix for this?

get a new phone. i have that phone and it is notorious for dimming whenever it feels like it and sometimes so dark you cannot even read it in a dim room. i no longer use mobile phones with drone flight, tripltek tablets only.

it's the light sensors and battery managment software.. you need to get into the phone and edit the settings, maybe place some electrical tape over the light sensors on the camera of the phone

report back your findings

get a new phone. i have that phone and it is notorious for dimming whenever it feels like it and sometimes so dark you cannot even read it in a dim room. i no longer use mobile phones with drone flight, tripltek tablets only.
I’m looking at the Tripltek 7 in used. Will it also work with DJI Fly app?

it's the light sensors and battery managment software.. you need to get into the phone and edit the settings, maybe place some electrical tape over the light sensors on the camera of the phone

I will give that a try and see what I come up with. Thanks for the reply

I’m looking at the Tripltek 7 in used. Will it also work with DJI Fly app?
how do you get the autel app into the tablet? i havent had success installing the sky app on my galaxy so i have my doubts about this tablet

Last edited:
might have to visit apple store or call service dept, and explain what your doing if you cannot edit the power managment settings

Ok, I put a piece of gaffer tape over the light sensor and took it for another flight. All ok so far no screen dimming. Fingers crossed. Thinks for the idea.

yes it will. i iphone will never be as bright as any tripltek tablet.
The iPhone 14 Pro is supposedly 2000 nits. However, who knows how long it can sustain that brightness level? At the very least, though, it is rated as brighter than the Tripltek, and might be able to sustain more than 1200 of those 2000 nits on a continuous basis.

Same issue. I'll never trust that NITS as it shows peak value. In reality they dim.

I'll try to hide myself under any shades I could find.

Same issue. I'll never trust that NITS as it shows peak value. In reality they dim.

I'll try to hide myself under any shades I could find.
Shade is, indeed, the best and cheapest solution, for both the tablet and the pilot!

Nah it's overheating. I had to get an Android phone..All the newer Iphones do it...

The iPhone 14 Pro is supposedly 2000 nits. However, who knows how long it can sustain that brightness level? At the very least, though, it is rated as brighter than the Tripltek, and might be able to sustain more than 1200 of those 2000 nits on a continuous basis.
And it will still auto dim when it gets hot so it's worthless.

Reactions: gophcc
And it will still auto dim when it gets hot so it's worthless.
Yes, but with better heat management, able to now generate and tolerate 2000 nits temporarily, it may handle a continuous 1200 nits easily. Time will tell. Stay tuned.

it shouldnt over heat, if you disable wifi, cell, bluetooth, and run airplane mode, try that

When I'm using my I phone pro max 13 with the Auto Sky app flying my Lite + the screen dims after about 3 min of flight time. It dims slightly at first the gets so dark it's hard to see. Anyone have a fix for this?
I had the same problem in the summer when it was hot. I took the protective case off of the phone and made sure I was in the shade. No problem since.

I had the same problem in the summer when it was hot. I took the protective case off of the phone and made sure I was in the shade. No problem since.
Protective cases and simultaneous charging during use will cause heat build up that can lead to the screen turning almost black. Had that happen to a handheld iPhone 8 Plus, while using a connected charging brick, to make the battery last all day, at a golf tournament, while taking lots of video of the Pros. After removing the charger, it cooled down, and restored itself, but the battery started depleting as soon as I used the screen again for video. While using an iPad as a device for flying, it's always commando style!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga