Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from Philadelphia!

Phillyjon

Reaction score
Just ordered my Evo and wanted to say hey! I’ve been reading this forum for a while and I’m confident that the Evo is for me!

Reactions: Cyberjunkie
Just ordered my Evo and wanted to say hey! I’ve been reading this forum for a while and I’m confident that the Evo is for me!

Welcome aboard. I'm in Delaware. Loving my EVO, but it has its ups and downs.... That's a little drone humor. You're definitely in the right spot for answers to any questions you'll have. Lots of knowledge around these boards on cameras and flying... Not a lot of agreement on how to apply it, but it's there should you need some.

Reactions: Cyberjunkie
Saw this post and I am from Philly as well. Bought the bundle deal for $949 and include two batteries and a shoulder bag.

Reactions: Phillyjon
Yeah I saw that deal as well. I ended up getting the bundle in the hard case. Where did you order yours from?

Yeah I saw that deal as well. I ended up getting the bundle in the hard case. Where did you order yours from?

I love my GPC case... It looks Beast when that case opens up. It should have disco lights...lol. GPC sells locking clasps for it for $20. Pretty good investment if you have kids or brothers-in-law...

I’m hype! Tomorrow weather permitting I’m going for my 1st flight. Where do you tend to fly

I’m hype! Tomorrow weather permitting I’m going for my 1st flight. Where do you tend to fly
I do not have yet my Evo, come in January 10th but I am planning to go early in the morning with my Mavic, around 6:45am to lynnewood hall. The abandoned mansion in Elkins Park. Never been there but it's only 18 minutes from where I live.

I do not have yet my Evo, come in January 10th but I am planning to go early in the morning with my Mavic, around 6:45am to lynnewood hall. The abandoned mansion in Elkins Park. Never been there but it's only 18 minutes from where I live.
Let me know how that area is I’ve never been there before I was going to go somewhere local in Delaware County early in the morning as well.

I live right across from a huge park and a railroad bridge, so I tend to fly right out my front door basically. During the warmer months when we all ride our Harley's, I will be packing it up and taking it for many of our journeys. Abandoned mansions sound scary. HA!HA!

I live right across from a huge park and a railroad bridge, so I tend to fly right out my front door basically. During the warmer months when we all ride our Harley's, I will be packing it up and taking it for many of our journeys. Abandoned mansions sound scary. HA!HA!
Lol... I don't go inside. It's closed to the public. I fly from the outside of the mansion.

I think you are really going to like it. I am in Philadelphia too and have done testing on the mapping side. It's a very stable platform that holds position well even in marginal conditions. My only issue with it is not being able to import a flight plan. I am back to math planning flights by using distance/velocity/time calculations so I can figure out at what time interval I want the camera to take an image. It's a little cumbersome. The company needs to release the SDK so I can get one these coders out on this forum to start developing for more custom user solutions. Good luck

Can't wait to have my Evo this coming Thursday. Starting tomorrow there will be a winter mix with snow in Philadelphia and temp will down. Hopefully we can get the temp back like today to test the Evo.

This was filmed in my town DURING a snowstorm... If the Mavic can do it the EVO can. Not saying you should... And I have nothing to do with this video. Don't even know the guy.

This was filmed in my town DURING a snowstorm... If the Mavic can do it the EVO can. Not saying you should... And I have nothing to do with this video. Don't even know the guy.
Kind of dangerous with power lines around. I had see many videos of drones hitting the power lines.

Kind of dangerous with power lines around. I had see many videos of drones hitting the power lines.

Not to mention he is 3 blocks from a hospital with a Helo pad... And you can see how far from the water tower laden with emergency communication antenna arrays for the state... But he did it, and I was kinda shocked by how well a drone performed in those conditions... He was pretty well clear of power lines once he got altitude. This area is as flat as you can get. The canopy of our trees is fairly level too. Not something I'd do tho.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials