Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from Oregon!

FirstAscent

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A few days ago I received my Evo II Pro rugged bundle (well, minus the "rugged" part haha). Can't wait to receive the case too once they start shipping hopefully in 2-3 weeks. But at least I have the drone and can start playing with it.

Had the original Mavic Air and it was a great drone, but I wanted a better camera and really liked what I was seeing with the Evo II Pro's so pulled the trigger. I just do this for fun/hobby, not any professional work.

I want to start testing out the "follow" modes for mountain biking in open areas so we'll see how it does. I know nothing compares to the Skydio for follow modes but I'm hoping this does good enough with excellent image quality.

See ya around the forums everyone!

Reactions: advexure
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Also please ***READ BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP***

Hey everyone,

A few days ago I received my Evo II Pro rugged bundle (well, minus the "rugged" part haha). Can't wait to receive the case too once they start shipping hopefully in 2-3 weeks. But at least I have the drone and can start playing with it.

Had the original Mavic Air and it was a great drone, but I wanted a better camera and really liked what I was seeing with the Evo II Pro's so pulled the trigger. I just do this for fun/hobby, not any professional work.

I want to start testing out the "follow" modes for mountain biking in open areas so we'll see how it does. I know nothing compares to the Skydio for follow modes but I'm hoping this does good enough with excellent image quality.

Congrats on the purchase of you EVO II and welcome to the forum! I'm curious, how do you purchase a Rugged Bundle without the case? Rugged Bundles ship in the case.

Safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: FirstAscent
Congrats on the purchase of you EVO II and welcome to the forum! I'm curious, how do you purchase a Rugged Bundle without the case? Rugged Bundles ship in the case.

Safe flying! :cool:

thanks! and haha fair question ;) I ordered the rugged bundle but they (Drone-Works) told me they could ship me just the drone first and will ship me the case later since the drone was ready to ship but not the case. I'm on a mini-vaca right now and wanted to at least be able to play with the drone while I'm out. so it was just them working with me, not a normal scenario :)

thanks! and haha fair question ;) I ordered the rugged bundle but they (Drone-Works) told me they could ship me just the drone first and will ship me the case later since the drone was ready to ship but not the case. I'm on a mini-vaca right now and wanted to at least be able to play with the drone while I'm out. so it was just them working with me, not a normal scenario :)

Ahh copy that! Enjoy the mini-vacay! ?

Hey everyone,

I hope you have better luck than I did with follow mode! Mine hit a tree. :)

I hope you have better luck than I did with follow mode! Mine hit a tree. :)
Well, did you set it to follow the tree? haha jk ah that sucks! did it hit the tree from a weird angle?

I did some very general test yesterday in an open field but with some surrounding trees in the parallel follow mode and it worked great. I walked past a tree so that the tree would be coming up on the side of the drone and it went around it like it should. then I ran past it and it did the same.

Granted this was a pretty basic test, I'll definitely want to get more familiar with it before having it follow me on a man bike unless I'm in a wide open rocky/desert area or above treeline.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials