Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from Fort Worth Texas

pullin2

Reaction score
Newbie here, gifted an X Star recently. Thought I'd sign up to see what I can learn.

First drone, no experience with them or RCs at all.

Have Commercial, Instrument, Multi-engine license/ratings and flight instructor for 34 years, so pretty good on airspace, etc. Just never tried a drone until now.

So far, so good. But I'm being really cautious.

Hopefully I can learn from the pros here. I think I'd like to try taking the XStar out with me on the boat to see if I can get interesting footage of the surround shoreline. Gotta get more skill though before any overwater operations.

Reactions: Normex and Ansia
Welcome to the forums. If you take off from a boat, remember to land manually and don't let the drone's battery go so low as to trigger Return to Home.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Welcome to the forums. If you take off from a boat, remember to land manually and don't let the drone's battery go so low as to trigger Return to Home.

Yes good point. I'll be sure to avoid RTH, since "home" might have moved some. Thanks.

When in follow me mode you can set your home point to "you" which should be your phone\tablet. I was never a big fan of follow me with the Autel format as I found it had a lot of bugs.

Welcome. My biggest problem learning to drone (as a former private pilot) was the fact that control directions reverse when the drone is pointing its nose towards you!

Yup, thats the hardest thing to learn. Doing figure eights in practice helps a lot. More you do the better you get.
Here in Oz the Remote Pilot Licence flight test includes the following: Take off in GPS Mode and achieve hover; switch to ATTI; the instructor reaches over and juggles your lefthand stick to throw the drone into an abnormal state; remaining in ATTI, re-establish control and hover without going outside a defined 4 metre circle; finally land in ATTI. Easy enough if no or little wind, but not so if it’s a bit blowy. Fail twice and you fail the entire test.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d