Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

HDR video

Paulemus

Reaction score
HDR video definitely improves exposure under shade trees. But I notice you can’t do shutter priority in HDR. For 60 fps, I would set 1/120 shutter speed. Also manual ISO at 100 (which one client wants) makes shade underexposed. So what does everyone use? HDR with everything Auto?

Well, I was trucking the beach from over the water in HDR, and got a lot of jitter. I’m not sure the shutter speed. But I think out over open terrain without shady spots, ot is better to do manual at 1/120 for 60fps. And just adjust f stop and keep overexposure warning on.

When shooting video in Auto Exposure, ISO 100, on sunny days, I always set EV to -0.75 or -1.0 to prevent overexposure (E2P). Frame rate will be awfully high unless I use the ND filter.

How do I actually turn on the HDR mode? I have spent ages looking at all the menus. The instruction manual is totally useless.

How do I actually turn on the HDR mode? I have spent ages looking at all the menus. The instruction manual is totally useless.
If your camera settings are H.265, 4K, 30fps and Auto Exposure, you will see an HDR icon next to the video start button. Touch that and you will be recording 10-bit HDR video. That's using a cell phone or tablet for a screen. I'm not sure how you select HDR without the separate screen. Perhaps someone else here can speak to that case. HDR may also be available in lower resolutions and frame rates but I have not tried that.

If your camera settings are H.265, 4K, 30fps and Auto Exposure, you will see an HDR icon next to the video start button. Touch that and you will be recording 10-bit HDR video. That's using a cell phone or tablet for a screen. I'm not sure how you select HDR without the separate screen. Perhaps someone else here can speak to that case. HDR may also be available in lower resolutions and frame rates but I have not tried that.
Fantastic, thank you. will check it out

Reactions: Rubik3x
Hi Rubik3

This worked! thanks again.

I really don't understand why the instruction manual is not more comprehensive and helpful.

Reactions: Rubik3x
The instructions are a bit lacking I will admit, but I think AUTEL assume if they are letting you loose with a poss $2000 drone to fly, you are a competent flyer and have a pretty good idea of settings etc. practice and just going through ALL the menus (which is how I learnt..) time and time again set me up well, who needs the manual... I'm also a radio ham and the last thing we ever look at is the manual... ha-ha.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials