Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Has anyone ever gotten 40min out of their battery?

herein2021

Reaction score
Ok, I have to ask....has anyone ever actually gotten 40min out of their batteries? I'm now on the 4th recharge for my 3 batteries and unless they somehow add 7min of flight time after they break in; I'm never going to see anything close to 40min. Before even starting the props the time remaining shows 32-33min, by the time I'm in the air that's down to 31min. I'm starting to think the 40min number is flat out false.

Today I got into the air with the usual 32min remaining, then on the way back I supposedly had 4min remaining and it suddenly started force landing due to a critically low battery; I was able to cancel it but that means I barely got 28 useable minutes. I never had that problem with DJI drones, their time was very precise and it was entirely possible to still safely land with 0min remaining.

A lot of it has to do with the weather...
Where do you live>
In the Frigid North?
The cold will reduce the battery life by a lot
Windy???
Flying in windy conditions also lowers the batter life, especially flying in higher winds.
Add cold and wind to the equation and you could easily lose 10 minutes...
Need more info on your flying weather before answering accurately.

A lot of it has to do with the weather...
Where do you live>
In the Frigid North?
The cold will reduce the battery life by a lot
Windy???
Flying in windy conditions also lowers the batter life, especially flying in higher winds.
Add cold and wind to the equation and you could easily lose 10 minutes...
Need more info on your flying weather before answering accurately.

I get what you are saying....but no, I live in FL it is 70 degrees here right now. And the time remaining shows 32min before ever taking off so that eliminates wind, flying conditions etc. I would expect at 70 degrees ambient temperature that a battery straight off of the charger before even getting in the air would show 40min if that is what the vendor is advertising. I know LiPo batteries take some time to break in, just not sure how long that takes or if I will actually gain 7min after they do.

I owned and fly a lot with MP, M2P, E2P, and Mini 2, just checked longest flights - MP test flight 25 m, all the rest never did a test but longest flights on both M2P and E2P are 19+ minutes - so all of them are far from advertised lab times (30,31 and 40).
Just enjoy Your flights and have fun ;)

Low to mid 30’s is the best I’ve ever gotten... but I also haven‘t run the battery all the way to zero (and don’t recommend doing that for battery health). I can tell you it out flies the M2 Zoom and M2 Enterprise all day long. =)

The longest flight times (Air Data logs) I have gotten with my Evo II Pro are:

Fight - Battery % at landing
29:02 - 13%
28:20 - 11%

On a real estate job east of Colorado Springs (open plains lots of wind). Mostly orbits and hovering. These times really surprised me considering the altitude and winds.

The longest flight time I ever got with my M2P under the same conditions was 20:59 with 9% battery on landing.

Thanks everyone, that's kind of what I figured; you are more likely to film a unicorn that can fly than actually get 40min out of the EVO II. I know they are always exaggerated but it seems like to me that the DJI drones got closer to their advertised flight times than the Autel drones do. It's not a big deal, 30min is fine with me but I was a little surprised to see the actual times so far off from the advertised times.

Irrelevent of brand of hardware used in, advertised battery times are precisely that... advertising. Or fake news... take your pick. ?

Always said that "40 minutes" battery life will give everyone the 25-30 minutes we've all been looking for.

Reactions: Junior
Irrelevent of brand of hardware used in, advertised battery times are precisely that... advertising. Or fake news... take your pick. :rolleyes:

Very true, unfortunately there is nothing like the EPA for cars to keep battery ratings honest, they can pretty much state any number that comes to mind.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller