Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Has anybody used PRECISION MODE. What speeds will it do and how easy is it to set up. John Hennessy.

John Hennessy

Reaction score
Hi All Members,
Has any one used PIV Mode before, what speed can it do going forward. We do roof and building Inspections and would like to use the PIV in Precision Mode for quality and need to match up the precision speed moving forward with the PIV . I think that this should have been about the PRECISION MODE SPEED. I may have to make a new thread if I don't get any answers. Any tricks or things to look for. On our Yuneec Typhoon H 's there is a cruise control mode where you can use the x bar for your speed moving forward. If Autel is reading , this would be a great feature , so that it leaves the speed set with no human interferences. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: Wilkz and BenCham
I can't help you with a concrete answer, but app manual looks like all of the speed parameters are adjustable, so I imagine you can set it for your preference.
As with a lot of things with drones, fly it and see what it does.
I recently posted a video of me testing out the tracking and obstacle avoidance and someone asked about the Precision Mode. This is a new drone to me and I haven't used half of the flight modes yet. But later today I'll be firing it up and see what it does.

Reactions: BenCham
I can't help you with a concrete answer, but app manual looks like all of the speed parameters are adjustable, so I imagine you can set it for your preference.
As with a lot of things with drones, fly it and see what it does.
I recently posted a video of me testing out the tracking and obstacle avoidance and someone asked about the Precision Mode. This is a new drone to me and I haven't used half of the flight modes yet. But later today I'll be firing it up and see what it does.
Thank You Bobstaff,
I am like you ,new to the EVO, Yuneec are my other uas's, I will try for myself. I was probably trying to be lazy,but most of all if there was something that you have to be extra alert to whilst in this mode. Thank you for your reply. Johnno Hennessy.

I did a very little test today.....basically the function limits the speeds of horizontal, vertical and rotational movement. The flight is still manual. You can program a flight mission with similar settings if you need automated flight.

Bobstaff,
Thank you very much for that, I take it that there were no nasties to look out for. Johnno Hennessy.

In the 5 minutes that I flew in that mode there wasn't anything that surprised me.
I only flew 5 minutes because the screen on my Tab S6 started freezing up. This was the first time using the tablet instead of my phone. I thought I had that problem beat....but that's a different thread.

In the 5 minutes that I flew in that mode there wasn't anything that surprised me.
I only flew 5 minutes because the screen on my Tab S6 started freezing up. This was the first time using the tablet instead of my phone. I thought I had that problem beat....but that's a different thread.
Thank You Bobstaff,
I am getting things worked out to suit my Inspections with , speed forward ,to time with photos taken so that we don't miss any of the roof area. All this without taking hundreds of photos. We do mainly roof Inspections here in Brisbane , Queensland, Australia. Our main roofing is moulded metal or concrete and clay tiles, so tiles need slower than metal . Then you have the distance off the roof surface as well. It is just a matter of dialling it in for the EVO'S as we have Yuneec Typhoon H Drones also. Different cameras etc. Thank you for your extensive help. Johnno Hennessy.

Tried the precision mode yesterday, worked great was super smooth BUT the yaw rate, even on its fastest setting is extremely slow but overall pretty damn good, IMO - Also have playing with EXP and Sensitivity for normal mode.

Reactions: John Hennessy
I used Precision Mode doing the inspection of the bottom of a bridge.
Since I turn the obstacle avoidance off to get close to the bottom of the deck it was smooth flying without worrying about slamming into anything!
Bobstaff,
This is what I have found, it gives you confidence about the machine. I am getting my fly over time-lapse and speeds worked out for my roof inspection also. This is a fantastic machine.
The more I fly it the better everything gets. Johnno. Hennessy.

Tried the precision mode yesterday, worked great was super smooth BUT the yaw rate, even on its fastest setting is extremely slow but overall pretty damn good, IMO - Also have playing with EXP and Sensitivity for normal mode.
bobmarkovicsjr,
In my line of work, we need it slow and precise for inspections. Johnno Hennessy.

Attached is my Building Envelope Procedures should anyone want to read or discuss I fly for Law Firms in 1st and 3rd Party Insurance Claims and also Liability.

Attachments

• Flight - Roof Class.pdf
    875.5 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: ducatstrada
If anyone figures out how to get the Pitch & Roll EXP setting to stay set, please share how. I've gotten the Yaw curve dialed at .2 and the throttle, also, but the right stick won't retain the value set once I navigate away from the settings screen.

Do you mean as soon as you close the screen it stops working? I have found to stay out of precision and just dialed down all of the EXP then go to the sensitivity and it really slows down, better than when I played with the precision. Advise. I will try to precision mode this week and see if mine does the same. Hang tight.

Known issue. Another wonderful Autel bug. But hey, it’s not DJI right. Maybe next firmware will fix it? There’s a few other settings that are known to revert back in the application as well. No matter how much you try, it will keep reverting or take numerous attempts until finally sticking.

Remember....Autel’s a small company. They only have Wang Lei working night and day on software in the corner trying to figure it out. So far, no luck and the tickets from support keep coming in.

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
Drop the sensitivity and it will cure the issue. I found the EXP does very little - it seems to be the sensitivity that is located directly under the EXP in settings. You can drop those numbers so low she almost will never move if that is your flavor.

Drop the EXP settings to your liking and feel, and you definitely have to lower the Attitude and Yaw in the sensitivity settings like Bob said. Playing with thise settings should get you where you can move smoothly. I do like Precision Flight mode though. It’s just really nice and easy when it works and you can adjust your velocities right on the screen. Great for smooth, easy flying. Good luck!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials