Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Going through the lastest app update.

Update: I figured it out. DeFog and ROI is part of EVO 2s app. EVO 1 does not support those options.

Defog
By modeling the imaging features of smoke, dust, fog, etc., defog technology effectively
restores details and color to obtain accurate and natural video. Defog technology helps
maintain clarity in images captured in poor weather conditions such as rain, smog, or
fog. I'm guessing this will be used for the Thermo camera.

ROI
In some surveillance scenarios, users pay special attention only to a certain region
instead of the entire image. The region that attracts special attention is known as the
region of interest, or ROI. The ROI encoding method was developed to provide different
compression levels between the ROI and background information in order to capture
clearer key information without increasing the overall bitrate. The application of ROI
encoding technology helps to conserve bandwidth and optimize the bitrate resource
allocation, thus ensuring the image quality of the region of interest.

Adobe Lightroom has a DeHaze adjustment that is probably a similar function to the Autel Defog. It's available to be applied to any photos. It does does a decent job, but seems to add contrast to the photo. If the Autel Defog works as well, it'll be worth playing with

I really wish the manual told you what the ROI feature specifically does. It seems to be such a mystery. I've spent hours searching on google.,

I really wish the manual told you what the ROI feature specifically does. It seems to be such a mystery. I've spent hours searching on google.,

Autel's documentation leaves a lot to be desired. Such as all the camera settings and their dependencies.

Autel's documentation leaves a lot to be desired. Such as all the camera settings and their dependencies.
Yeah.... I really was quite surprised by just how sparse it is. If you're trying to establish yourself as a brand name to stand against the competition, it seems like having someone on staff who can write documentation / technical docs would be a necessity. At my last company when i worked in the solar industry, man, we had a whole deptartment of technical writers.

Reactions: parkgt

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0xD34D