Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Go-Home Altitude and Restricted Airspace Opinion.

verticalflyer

Reaction score
Autel has put a lower limit of 98ft to the Go-Home Altitude. Let's say you received authorization to fly in controlled airspace below 50ft.

What do you find more acceptable?

1) Having the ability to set the Go-Home altitude to below 98ft but risk the chance of crashing into urban structures and infrastructure.
2) Having a drone that, in the event of an emergency or failure, may send the drone 50ft up into restricted airspace and possibly into very heavy air traffic.

Two questions I asked myself while doing some work in very tight quarters. I can somewhat understand why Autel would lower limit the Go-Home Altitude to 98ft but why limit the max altitude limit to 98ft as well? I know that regulation states that controlled airspace can be breached in the case of an emergency but a jump from 50 to 100ft, in a busy flight area, could cause more of an emergency than a drone smacking into a billboard. That's my opinion anyway. What is yours?

Reactions: Wilkz
why limit the max altitude limit to 98ft as well?
My AC hit 30% battery, then just went home! I thought at 30% I'd have a minute or 2 to land since it was 3 ft off the ground but nope, straight up clear the 80' maple....barely. So I went too settings, changed to normal from novice, set RTH height at 150'. tested and worked.

RTH is a double edged sword. It's real purpose is to help preserve the drone in case of low battery limits but it's also automated and will do as it's told. It can be canceled by tapping the Cancel button that shows up in the top and middle of the Explorer flight screen. The battery limits can be adjusted a bit in the Explorer app settings under battery.

I haven't hit a lower battery limit yet on the controller to initiate a RTH to know if it allows a Cancel when the controller battery gets low. I may need to test that out sometime.

Autel has put a lower limit of 98ft to the Go-Home Altitude. Let's say you received authorization to fly in controlled airspace below 50ft.

What do you find more acceptable?

1) Having the ability to set the Go-Home altitude to below 98ft but risk the chance of crashing into urban structures and infrastructure.
2) Having a drone that, in the event of an emergency or failure, may send the drone 50ft up into restricted airspace and possibly into very heavy air traffic.

Two questions I asked myself while doing some work in very tight quarters. I can somewhat understand why Autel would lower limit the Go-Home Altitude to 98ft but why limit the max altitude limit to 98ft as well? I know that regulation states that controlled airspace can be breached in the case of an emergency but a jump from 50 to 100ft, in a busy flight area, could cause more of an emergency than a drone smacking into a billboard. That's my opinion anyway. What is yours?
LOL try flying 98 foot level in downtown Miami, got insurance for the condo liability that you will need when your drone flies into unit 54?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy