Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal sway fixed on latest update. Hyperlapse works perfectly now

Noventa

Reaction score
Just updated mine this morning. The update completed at first try without any problem.
Im using samsung s20 phone, firstly update the autel sky from play store then connect with aircraft and you will get new update notice. Download and update completed within 30 minutes.
Just did a simple test after update.
Here is the hyperlapse result 👇
Autel evo lite plus hyperlapse after latest update

Just tested mine. I would say the Hyperlapse has improved by 50%, it's usable and can be further improved to perfect by stabilization in post, only slightly cropped.

The gimbal wasn't the issue, it was actually flight performance on the yaw. That's why Z performance is off as well. Much better but still not perfect.. AT least these are major steps in the right direction.
But… the drone or gimbal are still rotating while hovering even after this latest update. The drone is still crabbing and does not fly straight to this day.

That’s sounds like imu and compass if moving in a hover. Crabbing can happen and does with most any craft. My Mavics do it and my i2 at times.

All of those have been calibrated. Crabbing several degrees rightward at full stick forward. Attempts to offset it my adjustment of yaw on the gimbal is no help. Rotation is while hovering. Neither my M2P or A2s have, or ever had, this issue. The Lite+ is so bad I end up choosing my A2s most of the time because of these issues. Was hoping this drone was going to be better than this.

I would suggest getting it checked out. I would also suggest no sports watches or anything like that while calibration.

This is not normal..

And yes mavic and others having crabbing issues at times. How do I know? I was part of the alpha and beta teams and worked for dji for close to 10 years.

Reactions: Detritalgeo
Thanks for your feedback. I know that crabbing can be an issue…all I’m saying is that I have never experienced any of these issues with my M2P or A2s, but I do with my Lite + since day one.

Wow. Just wow. I had the same experience with my E2P as well. It has a list of issues and rotation just lite the Lite + is doing now and had the same response.

I was about to sell my A2S, glad I didn't. A2S is so reliable,

Whenever I start the Lite+it always ask for compass calibration and keep checking gimbal. Takes maybe two minutes, not too bad but makes me nervous.

That's how I enjoy flying A2S, switch it on, set up phone and remote and it's ready to fly.

I was about to sell my A2S, glad I didn't. A2S is so reliable,

Whenever I start the Lite+it always ask for compass calibration and keep checking gimbal. Takes maybe two minutes, not too bad but makes me nervous.

That's how I enjoy flying A2S, switch it on, set up phone and remote and it's ready to fly.
Yes! Amen. I feel the same and it’s an even better experience with the smart controller too.

Reactions: gophcc
It is way better than before. The video from the drone sucks, if you make your own from the pictures at 29.94fps it looks great.

Yep, the last update did a lot of good to the Lite Plus. I'm very thankful for the capabilities.
Last week I had a long photo shooting close to the seaside, with strong wind with plenty of thermal activity and turbulence. All went well.

One issue seems to be difficult: Some images showed blue artefacts within dark shadowed areas on .jpg files. They where taken in pro mode with an aperture of about f6 to f8. Anyone here with similar experience? It's not a big issue to me, but people who like to use the images without photoshop processing may be disappointed by this.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials