Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal problem after firmware update to 2.5.12

soldino

Reaction score
Hi,

I experienced the croked horizon problem after firmware update to 2.5.12. My problems are the same as this video says:
Does anyone have same problems?

Regards

Last edited:
I might have.... I uploaded the firmware and it failed on gimbal after installed.... the message didn't last long on my controller, but I saw the red letter exception. I haven't been able to do the new calibration because I was holding the drone the wrong way, your video helped tremendously with part 3 and onward of that procedure.... I'll try it again tonight and report. Right now, since I didn't complete the newest calibration, my gimbal won't respond at all. I have the EVO II Pro as you do.

Update: I waited for the 2.5.18 firmware update and installed it twice before getting the gimbal issues fixed. Everything back to normal. Will fly soon and let you know if I have any issues.

Last edited:
Hi,

I experienced the croked horizon problem after firmware update to 2.5.12. My problems are the same as this video says:
Does anyone have same problems?

Regards
According to Autel you need to do the following.. put drone on flat surface, do the IMU, Gimbal, and lastly Compass calibration. See if that sorts it out. If not there is a link to another page here where you can roll back the fw.

Reactions: soldino
My compass calibration refuses to work. Did the IMU OK, then the gimbal (worked after removing the ND filter) but the compass calibration refuses to play ball.

Other issues include:

1. The rollback firmware request keeps appearing every time I connect the drone;
2. The activation dialogue box won't accept my serial number

And the failure list goes on, my update cost the video to go blank, AGAIN as in the prior update. Thanks Autel, thanks for everything.

Reactions: Force1
According to Autel you need to do the following.. put drone on flat surface, do the IMU, Gimbal, and lastly Compass calibration. See if that sorts it out. If not there is a link to another page here where you can roll back the fw.
I have email proof that this is what they tell all of us SUCKERS (From before the update) that paid them good money. They have more issues than DJI and I am sick of it. They need to fix their issues before selling a product. You spend good money and you should get a good product not lets hop skip then jump and ring around the Rosie did that fix it??

Last edited by a moderator:
AND PS, at least yours fly's, mine is dead until I call them on the day after Christmas and again only for them to tell me to pay shipping to them and hold my butt checks for 6 weeks. What they did last time - anyone need PROOF or call me a liar?

My compass calibration refuses to work. Did the IMU OK, then the gimbal (worked after removing the ND filter) but the compass calibration refuses to play ball.

Other issues include:

1. The rollback firmware request keeps appearing every time I connect the drone;
2. The activation dialogue box won't accept my serial number
I fixed the compass calibration issue (user error - doing it too close to a large metal object). I am told that the rollback firmware request will appear until the firmware update moves out of beta and the serial number is not required, at this stage.

Reactions: Deleted member 6303
And the failure list goes on, my update cost the video to go blank, AGAIN as in the prior update. Thanks Autel, thanks for everything.
Try without the app. Use just the controller display. See what happens. Which mobile device are you using. There are so many things that go with this all. DJI, Autel, any company... often there are issues with video, connectivity, etc and come to find out there are issues with the app. Not to say that there may not be issues with the drone itself, but it's good to test everything to remedy the problems. I have the 8k and the Pro and both are fine. Our company uses 4 E2P and a pair of 8K versions with 2 more on the way..

Update firmware, perform the calibrations. I'm sure you have, but it is also easy to miss steps when frustrated with any product.. done this myself many times. I had my Note 9 working perfect, but the iPad was not doing what it should. It's a late model iPad too... turned out I had an issue with a Matterport app shutting down the Explorer app.. Drove me nuts!

Hope you get things resolved. Have a great Christmas Day!

Thanks for trying to help, I do appreciate that.

1. Used iPhone 11 with iOS.
2. Then to my Tripletek with Android and both versions are the latest as per the release notes. (told you all I bought a lot of stuff for it, LMAO)
3. Reset then re update, tried that 6 times
4. Manual update retry again. for a sucker 7th try
5. Recycle or rebooted the systems multiple times.
6. Also getting the AC and remote are disconnected but photos clearly show different and app with perform calibrations etc. Did all of those as well
7. New cables - done
8. Cried like a baby for 3 hours - didn't help the matter at all?? Feel better now however!

Wondering now if this could be a disconnect issue but I also tried to re link 4 times and same issue - see photos. This was the issue after the last update and the new update is the same, HOWEVER AFTER I DID THAT STUPID 3 CALIBRATIONS IT WENT BACK ONLINE FOR 1 FLIGHT. Then I got all of my goods this week, (Tripletek, Lifthor x2 2 - GPC holder - American Express metal and I had a Party) Did the new update and down again.

Attachments

• 12-14-2020 - View Issue (3).JPG
    12-14-2020 - View Issue (3).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
And Merry Christmas to all as well! If I was 15 again and had this happen to me - OMG I would have killed myself in propwash forever. It would be a Christmas Killer for sure. I am sure you see this issue bounce like a million times as this is only a few days out and it all the same.

Got it to fly for 4 minutes today then back to video loss link - look at the distance flown on 12/14/20, it it was 20 foot away IF I am exaggerating, but RC says 66484 - that is one long range hunk of plastic there. Notice my house and neighbors driveway it is literally across the street.

Notice the photo with Upgrade required - that's the 6th time for that - Yes Sir and not lying! Good thing is these are my EXP Settings and it flies absolutely perfect when it can see! Like Butta on toast. Going to be a 6 week pack and ship to Washington State Autel Shop for sure.

Attachments

• 12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (34).JPG
    12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (34).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (23).JPG
    12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (23).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (28).JPG
    12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (28).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (33).JPG
    12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (33).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (22).JPG
    12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (22).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (30).JPG
    12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (30).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 12.25.20 Issues (1).JPG
    12.25.20 Issues (1).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 12.25.20 Issues (2).JPG
    12.25.20 Issues (2).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Got it to fly for 4 minutes today then back to video loss link - look at the distance flown on 12/14/20, it it was 20 foot away IF I am exaggerating, but RC says 66484 - that is one long range hunk of plastic there. Notice my house and neighbors driveway it is literally across the street.

Notice the photo with Upgrade required - that's the 6th time for that - Yes Sir and not lying! Good thing is these are my EXP Settings and it flies absolutely perfect when it can see! Like Butta on toast. Going to be a 6 week pack and ship to Washington State Autel Shop for sure.
Yeah, that's a different issue. Did you talk to the retailer? What's the return period? I know on Amz you can get things returned later that most stores.

Yeah, that's a different issue. Did you talk to the retailer? What's the return period? I know on Amz you can get things returned later that most stores.
Believe it or not - Walmart Online - I will deal with Autel, just going to be down for a while if my gut is correct. Calling them tomorrow to ship her out. Thanks for the help! Website has some smart folks here - but this is an internal issue pretty sure.

Hey man, hope it gets worked out. I know the feeling since I had mine go in for an extended time as well not long ago. It’s so weird that some seem to have perfectly working EVO 2s and can’t fathom why we are so unhappy and FRUSTRATED, while others have EVO 2s with constant issue after issue.

Hey man, hope it gets worked out. I know the feeling since I had mine go in for an extended time as well not long ago. It’s so weird that some seem to have perfectly working EVO 2s and can’t fathom why we are so unhappy and FRUSTRATED, while others have EVO 2s with constant issue after issue.
The anger is over, lol, but it is what it is. Good news is once I get the true fix and know exactly what caused it, maybe the rest of us will be able to fix theirs. Hoping tomorrow when I speak to them its a make me feel stupid moment, but dont think so as the problem has been intermittent even on the prior update. Could even be the updates went well just the drone is sick somewhere internally. All good and when it is fixed the worlds will know. It is just one more thing to put into the manual. Thanks to all who helped and assisted. Will advise

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy