Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal Calibration Problems

BeeRAD56

Reaction score
Dear EVO Nation, I appear to have some sort of gimbal issue and seek the advice of the all knowing.

I hadn't flown my EVO in several months until recently. I loaded up the most current firmware, calibrated the compass and attempted to calibrate the gimbal only to get a repeated "failure to calibrate" response. When I start the gimbal calibration process, I see an immediate message in red that only appears for a split second that says " aircraft is shaking unable to calibrate". The aircraft is on a solid, level surface with no movement when I attempt the calibration process. The gimbal then goes through it's typical calibration routine with camera lens roll side to side, camera side to side and up and down follow by a error message that the gimbal failed to calibrate.

When I fly the bird, the gimbal seems to work ok with the exception of horizon tilt which seems to come and go and can be temporarily tuned out with the roll axis adjustment. The aircraft has never been crashed or had a hard landing. And when I put it away several months ago with the previous firmware it all worked fine. I tried to reload the previous firmware to attempt solving the issue, but learned from Autel Support you can't go backwards with firmware. Support suggested that I send it in as they have not had any complaints of this occurring with the new firmware.

All that said, has anyone else had this issue? And if so, what was the fix?

Thanks in advance!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d