Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Generic EVO Multicharger

Hawkeye Alaska

Reaction score
Okay another day of 10 degree Fahrenheit and 30 mile per hour winds so I'm not flying. I happened to Google Evo multi-charger and this YouTube video popped up:

Adapt Mavic Pro Charger

I'm sure some of you may already have seen this but I thought it was worth discussion. Based on this Theory why couldn't you use the Maverick multi charger to charge the Evo batteries?

Reactions: Ansia
I just trimmed off one side of the shield on the Mavic plug so it would clear the Evo battery. Careful trim with just a razor knife, it's soft plastic.

I saw this hack a while back, but I'm pretty certain Autel will void your warranty if they can determine those batteries were charged with anything like that. So if per some chance your bird fails for any reason at all, they can tell you to go pound sand, even if it wasn't the batteries' fault. So again I wait, and wait, and wait, and wait for the Evo multi-charger, Ughhhhh!

Yea, I suppose so, but I am still using the stock one, too. If I only have 1 battery to do or I am done for the day I use the stock charger, but if I need more at once I use the other. I haven't seen one iota of difference in charge or time flying.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
How can they tell?
I use a different generic that is setup for pretty much all DJI drones, Phantoms, mavic and Inspire, use it for both my Inspire and EVO batteries with no issues. I have noticed though that it charges the Inspire batteries slower than the OEM charger. However 3 at a time in the long run saves tons of time.

Apparently the new Autel charger won't charge the batteries simultaneously, so what's the point. Sure it's a little better than setting a timer and using the standard charger to charge another, but the whole point is to charge all your batteries at the same time. So, if you're time is limited, this 3rd party charger looks like the way to go. I'm not an electronics engineer but I doubt very much anyone could tell which charger you used.

It's silly that the makers of this charger haven't put out a charger with Evo connectors. A market waiting to be tapped...

Please continue to keep us posted on any abnormalities using this charger.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials