Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Geese Almost took me out.

Bulldoggboyz

Reaction score
I was filming and a huge flock of geese decided they wanted to find a place to land. I actually left the Evo in place for fear of getting hit trying to move it. It was hairy for sure!

Looks to me they were very much aware of you and just decided to play chick....... er ....... goose!:p

Reactions: Ansia
I can see you panicked there. Next time you are in this situation, always pull up. Geese are prey animals, and if you pull up they will consider you a predator and flee. Also, geese can't pull up like you do so you lower the chances of getting hit by one.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I can see you panicked there. Next time you are in this situation, always pull up. Geese are prey animals, and if you pull up they will consider you a predator and flee. Also, geese can't pull up like you do so you lower the chances of getting hit by one.
That’s a good idea. I’ve been attacked by Hawaiian hawks that are so fast they appear out of nowhere. They’re small, I think they recognize it’s not prey, but they buzz it — trying to chase it away??

That’s a good idea. I’ve been attacked by Hawaiian hawks that are so fast they appear out of nowhere. They’re small, I think they recognize it’s not prey, but they buzz it — trying to chase it away??
Hawks are very territorial. They alert you this way at first, if you don't take heed, they will take you down. In this case, pull up and fly away as to leave their territory. Some may pursuit your drone, as long as you are higher than the hawk, you will be allright. No bird can attack upwards, always diagonally downward (if that makes sense?) When you get his by a bird in a lateral crash, the bird probably didn't manouver in time and crashed into you, but it's not the same as an attack. Geese (as seen in this video) fly together as to appear to be a bigger bird than they really are. Strengths in numbers, make predators think twice. They fly around the drone as a scare tactic. If you get hit, well you were warned.

This time of the year around here its crows. Them seem to be very territorial this time of the year. More so then in the summer.

This time of the year around here its crows. Them seem to be very territorial this time of the year. More so then in the summer.
Did you know that crows are one of the smartest bird species on the planet. They can remember you for years. That is really interesting. I have never seen a crow, but I'll make sure to behave and never get on the bad side of one.

Maybe you need a goose costume for your Evo. Lol
I love those geese! We have 3 ponds at work and usually as I'm arriving in the evenings, a flock or two will be coming in to roost. I love the honking sounds.

• Haha
Did you know that crows are one of the smartest bird species on the planet. They can remember you for years. That is really interesting. I have never seen a crow, but I'll make sure to behave and never get on the bad side of one.
I doubt it's still alive but there was a raven that would come and visit the crowds of people at the Grand Canyon. I got to feed it one day as I was sitting there eating and it walked up to me on the fence near the edge. Tons of people around and it paid no mind to them. People said you could actually pet it sometimes.

Crows are both very smart and funny. There are several hundred at a time around here. It's very interesting how they raise their young. Most people never see a juvenile crow. They are kept with the parents and taught how to survive.
I once seen a crow swoop down and grab a whole piece of pizza and try to fly off with it. It flew right into the side of the well house. Lol

Last edited:
  • Haha

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58