Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FPV DJI

Squerly

Reaction score
I bought a FPV DJI for kicks and grins. Wasn't sure if I was even going to like it. But to be honest, it's so much fun that I haven't flown my EVO 2 in a couple of months. Anyone else have one of these?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

kenautelevo2pro

Reaction score
I bought a FPV DJI for kicks and grins. Wasn't sure if I was even going to like it. But to be honest, it's so much fun that I haven't flown my EVO 2 in a couple of months. Anyone else have one of these?
i bought my dji fpv in november during a sale that i couldn't miss but twas winter so i didn't start flying until just a few months ago. haven't flown the evo 2 since (but still flying the skydio). dji fpv is so much fun but im still in normal/sport mode, haven't yet switched to manual mode. the experience thru the goggles is surreal and the 60+ mph instant speed is only eclipsed by the awesome sound from the motors. it's gonna take time to get good so i'll also keep practicing on the simulator.

ive taken the nano up a couple of times and after flying fpv, you have a new appreciation for distance and maneuverability. turns out i am flying way too cautious with the camera drone...it will actually go a lot of far away places now that i see what a drone can really do that has "reach." doesn't take much time for the dji fpv to go far away places and with your head down strictly in the goggles (with a spotter of course), you quickly find out you gotta trust what you see and just let it rip. not going to abandon the gps drone but i gotta say, im glad i didn't miss out on the fpv experience even if it's just a beginner for me. glad you are having fun as well.

Squerly

Reaction score
i bought my dji fpv in november during a sale that i couldn't miss but twas winter so i didn't start flying until just a few months ago. haven't flown the evo 2 since (but still flying the skydio). dji fpv is so much fun but im still in normal/sport mode, haven't yet switched to manual mode. the experience thru the goggles is surreal and the 60+ mph instant speed is only eclipsed by the awesome sound from the motors. it's gonna take time to get good so i'll also keep practicing on the simulator.
I haven't had much luck with the simulator as it keeps freezing up. Actually, I think it's the goggles that are freezing up, but either way, it's not working well for me. So I just jumped in and started flying it.

I live in a very wooded area, so unless I go up higher, I get a lot of practice flying around and in between trees. I'm eons away from being proficient, but I feeling pretty good about flying it none-the-less.

Took it out the other day and flew up to a couple hundred feet, and then back over our RV park. It's a blast to make a banked turn and then level it out. I haven't flown a plane before, but I bet it's about the same feeling.

kenautelevo2pro

Reaction score
i would say try to get the simulator working for you, it really helps with building the confidence when you fly down low, in and around obstacles at faster speeds. give it 6 month and you'll be comfortable in sport mode but i agree, manual is going to take some time.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

M.Mims

Reaction score
I had serious issues in the DJI simulator with motion sickness🤢. When I actually flew it no issues. Anyone tried using the DJI goggles with the v2 smart controller?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sosiskin