Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

For Those Who Want To Do\Try A 360° Pano

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
There seems to be some interest in doing 360° panos so I will pass on how I do it with UAV's that do not have this option. I have successfully used this with my Yuneec Q500 and my Autel XSP. I'm sure the same can be done with the EVO. There are videos on youtube that will help you get a better sky so you don't get that tunnel effect. That never bothered me so I have no idea on that process.

If you have a better way of doing panos then please add your thoughs.

For the Autel XSP\EVO do not use Raw\DNG photos as they contain no Exif information.
Using the free software ICE mentioned in the tutorial video works OK but not great. I use PanoramaStudio 2 Pro, not free but works as advertised. There are others, google is your friend.
When taking your photos use the grid lines option in camera settings. This helps line up your next shot. Remember you need over lap for best results.
When taking your photos think about a clock, start at 12 oclock and work your way around taking 8 over lapping photos at 0°
Then adjust your camera down to 45° (there is a indicator that shows your angle) and take another 8 photos in the same spots you did at 0°.
You then have to take two photos looking straight down but opposite each other.
So now you have 18 photos to import into your panorama program of choice.

Once you are finished following these tutorial video's you can upload your photo to facebook or to Kuula

May I suggest Hugin. Free download and powerful software to create a variety of panorama and spherical stitched photo effects.
Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher
Many tutorials available on the web page as well as YouTube. I've had good luck creating panoramas from ground based cameras. Have not yet tried it from the EVO camera. Wold like to hear from anyone who has. This software also has the ability to stitch together a large flat photo from multiple tiles. Shooting multiple photos from a grid style waypoint mission can all be stitched with Hugin to create a giant photo composite.

Reactions: Dave.mp4 and Spappy
May I suggest Hugin. Free download and powerful software to create a variety of panorama and spherical stitched photo effects.
Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher
Many tutorials available on the web page as well as YouTube. I've had good luck creating panoramas from ground based cameras. Have not yet tried it from the EVO camera. Wold like to hear from anyone who has. This software also has the ability to stitch together a large flat photo from multiple tiles. Shooting multiple photos from a grid style waypoint mission can all be stitched with Hugin to create a giant photo composite.
Thanks for the tip!
I'll have to try it out!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials