Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying in proximity to Airport

motorider

Reaction score
So I live near an airport, and regularly fly within the restricted altitude area. I always request LAANC and fly after authorization. Before flying I tried using Airmap but would never receive authorization. When I use KittyHawk I have always received authorization within a minute or two. Does anyone else have this same issue?

A continuation of my question, noticed today someone else flying near me using AirMap. This area that he is mapping is where they have been doing a lot of earth moving for a new development for the last couple of months. My question is he requested to fly in a zone that shows an elevation of 0 due to direct flight path. Are there any thoughts on how he was able to get authorization to fly.
Could AirMap not be allowing my requests to go through as I am a Recreational pilot, and this individual most likely has a part 107 as this is a large commercial project?IMG_0710.PNG

From my experience, he probably set his perimeter within the 100'ceiling square and is just flying in the boundary between or he tried to get authorization and even if it doesn't get approved, it will start the mission and show the paper plane there.

LAANC does not give automatic authorization to fly in a 0' zone. You have to do that in dronezone.faa.gov.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58