Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Fly Aways Happen to the EVO also

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Two members on here within the last few months have had their EVO fly away and today I was reading on the Autel Facebook page of another one that just floated away. Makes you wonder if this could be firmware related since there really was not really anyone saying they had a fly a way until the last few months.

Here was the one on facebook

"Selling my Evo Remote, 2 Batteries, charger and Bag.

My poor Evo Flew away. Had a GPS lock but it started drifting away. Nothing I tried would get it to respond to the remote. So I basicly Watched it drift away like watching a loved one die. Really hate to loose it because it was an awsome drone (up until the point it decided it needed to be free) I'm sure it's out north of my house but considering the amount of trees and underbrush I'd never find it."

I had a signal disconnect issue which resulted in a no return. Sent info requested by Autel to them. Not a distance or height issue. How what or why they said was not known but We will give you a discount on a Refurb of 699 and you will have to send us your remaining controller and charger. My how nice of them that was. I said sorry i did nothing to cause the loss and so I will not be accepting your lousey offer.

I had a signal disconnect issue which resulted in a no return. Sent info requested by Autel to them. Not a distance or height issue. How what or why they said was not known but We will give you a discount on a Refurb of 699 and you will have to send us your remaining controller and charger. My how nice of them that was. I said sorry i did nothing to cause the loss and so I will not be accepting your lousey offer.
Mine suffered a fly away or something happened that the drone never return back. Autel was able to provide a free refurbished Evo without paying a cent. Probably their policy changed.

If I am not mistaken Wayne was that not the second one that you lost? Man if so time to find a better horse shoe man because yousr has no luck left in it o_O

I have suffered fly aways before, but is nothing like you 2 are describing. Mine was more on par with the facebook's post, where you had link with the drone, but it would not respond to your command and do it's own thing. What I have gathered from others who have gone through the same experience, is that it is usually caused by taking off with interference, but the drone not indicating as much.

If I am not mistaken Wayne was that not the second one that you lost? Man if so time to find a better horse shoe man because yousr has no luck left in it o_O
Yes it was plus a drop from the sky replacement. And an Xstar fly away ( River drone) and two Xstar drops from the sky. One replaced and one stuffed up my as-. As two Evos have been stuffed . Not the same Autel we used to know.

Yes I agree they are not the same company you and I used to know. The new group of people there are all social media people and think this will solve all their problems. Sorry but they do not compare to what the old Autel used to be. I have had conversations with them about reviews of the EVO and they refuse to let me review one but yet they will send one to Matti Haapoja the media Youtuber who did the worst review I have ever seen about a UAV ever. He ended up giving it away to increase his subscribers and basically said thanks Autel for the free EVO with no bonus to Autel.

Yes I agree they are not the same company you and I used to know. The new group of people there are all social media people and think this will solve all their problems. Sorry but they do not compare to what the old Autel used to be. I have had conversations with them about reviews of the EVO and they refuse to let me review one but yet they will send one to Matti Haapoja the media Youtuber who did the worst review I have ever seen about a UAV ever. He ended up giving it away to increase his subscribers and basically said thanks Autel for the free EVO with no bonus to Autel.
The fact they are now socially aware with what sounds like a step-down in customer service, ain’t a winning strategy. It’s bass-akwards. It’ll eventually bite them — that environment isn’t terribly forgiving...

The fact they are now socially aware with what sounds like a step-down in customer service, ain’t a winning strategy. It’s bass-akwards. It’ll eventually bite them — that environment isn’t terribly forgiving...
It already has. They just won't accept it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials