Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flight Logs Missing?

AdamJ1555

Reaction score
Good morning,

I’m a relatively new Autel pilot... have a question about the flight logs. Is anyone else experiencing missing logs? I flew about 2 hours this morning... 5 flights total. At the conclusion of the morning activities I was surprised to find only 1 flight available in the log (the first 1). Has anyone else experienced this or have any pointers to make sure the flight is logged?

I will try closing out of the Explorer app and power cycling the RC in the future... see if that fixes it.

Finding more little issues with every flight... trying to stay positive.

Hey Adam, I have missing flights also. Sometimes they show up and other times they don’t. i don’t understand it.

Reactions: AdamJ1555
We are going to be using a 3rd party software platform soon... so this will be less of an issue for us.

I have also had missing flight logs and I have raised it with Autel Support. If you have not raised it with them please do so. I was using an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I reloaded Explorer and then it started recording flight logs. Currently if you sync your flights then it downloads the flights from the server so I am wondering if it is filling up the local storage for the logs. I plan to sync the flights again before I next fly to see if the flight logs stop again. If they do then I will Clear Local and then fly again to see if I get logs.

I am working with Tech Support now about an issue with lots of iPhone battery power being pulled when I run Explorer. Something like 1% battery for every minute of flight.

Anyhow...I too have some missing flights. I also noticed that they don't stay in order by date...so perhaps scrolling through your list of flights may help you find the ones that are missing.

I am working with Tech Support now about an issue with lots of iPhone battery power being pulled when I run Explorer. Something like 1% battery for every minute of flight.

Anyhow...I too have some missing flights. I also noticed that they don't stay in order by date...so perhaps scrolling through your list of flights may help you find the ones that are missing.
In my case the flight records stopped mid flight so I could see half the flight then it stopped. I didn’t get any flight records for the following flights that day either. It was only when I got home and needed to update my logbook that ain’t saw they were missing.

The fact they stopped mid flight sort of indicates there is a limit to the number you can have locally or there is a memory leak in the app.

Are the logs available yet on a Ipad? trying to find a missing drone.

Are the logs available yet on a Ipad? trying to find a missing drone.
Yes, logs are available on iOS devices. Tap on the person icon in the upper right of the Explorer app, select Flight Records.

I have no idea how recently the logs function was added/reviewed to iOS, I haven’t had my Evo 2 Pro two weeks yet and the logs have been available. When it does log.

I, too, am having the missing flight log issue. I had a couple of flights the first week that didn’t show up in the list initially, but then did appear after the next day’s flights. This week I had 2 of 5 flights log Saturday and nothing at all log today (Sunday). Friday’s flights were with the controller only, no phone (I needed the phone for some flights with my DJI Mavic 2 Pro) but since Autel nicely designed their product/controller my father could check out the Evo 2 & familiarize himself with it with just the controller.

I don’t know if this is expected behavior for flights that did not use a phone/tablet or a part of the missing flight logs issues?

As suggested in the other posts, I will contact Autel this week to add further visibility to the issue so it can get fixed. It’s a real PITa to retroactively construct the flight log from the time stamps on the photos/videos shot during that flights.

Thanks!
- RA

I have used two iOS devices to control the EVO 2 so far. One is the main device I use mostly and the second one if I run out of battery on the first. Odd thing is, the main device shows zero log entries. If I open the Flight Records it shows an empty table and closes the screen within a second thereafter. On the secondary device it shows only 3 of the many more days the aircraft was in the air. Some topics here talk about a file named Log.bin to be used with AirData this gave me some hope and then I lost hope as I don't seem to have a Log.bin file.

QUESTIONS resulting from this:

1. Does the controller or the iOS device store the log entries to be uploaded to the database?

2. If the device has no internet out in the field, will logs go missing, or will they upload on the next occasion?

3. I expected the logs to be in the cloud and therefor be available on all (incl. future) devices, did I assume this correctly?

4. Is the empty table and screen closure thereafter a bug or normal behaviour when a log is empty?

5. Why is there no back-up file for each day or even each flight to be found on the drone's internal storage?
for example as a plain "2021-08-24-14H59M-SERIALNUMBER.TXT" 👾

Last edited:
I’ve had similar issues, but found that forcing the Explorer app closed, and then reopening it, generally populates the flight logs.

still an annoying bug.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller