Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First BATTERY (Batteries) Firmware updates

swings16

Reaction score
Did a firmware update for my Evo today

ALSO a Battery (Batteries..3) firmware update

This was the first time for me with the battery update

All went well...smooth..no problems

I did it as instructed on the website where it takes you step by step through the process

My only problem

I can't seem to get the f'n camera cover to snap in place !

I can't be the only one...There has to be a better way

Anyone have trouble clicking in the plastic cover for the Camera ?

Once in a while it is a 1.2.3. process..More often than not i get frustrated and pissed not able to Lock it in ..TIGHT

is it me ?

Slip it over the camera. with the nose facing away from you push the right side of the cover down and slip the tab in place then push the left side down and push in slightly on the left side and then push it down into place. It will snap in.

I did it as instructed on the website where it takes you step by step through the process

My only problem

Once in a while it is a 1.2.3. process..More often than not i get frustrated and pissed not able to Lock it in ..TIGHT

is it me ?
Slip it over the camera. with the nose facing away from you push the right side of the cover down and slip the tab in place then push the left side down and push in slightly on the left side and then push it down into place. It will snap in.

I don't know exactly what you said

I will try as you described sitting next to your instructions

Agreed that is a pain in the *** to fit correctly ?

I don't know exactly what you said

I will try as you described sitting next to your instructions

Agreed that is a pain in the *** to fit correctly ?
MMM I know exactly what I said. But after reading it this morning it does sound a lot like gibberish.:D

Reactions: swings16
Not a problem..i always manage to get it locked in but it is occasionally a tricky move

My Mavic pro..That design is straight forward...an OVAL see through cover with specific slots ..male ends on the cap fitting the female slots on the bird

Tight and secure...BUT,it's not the EVO !!!!

Not a problem..i always manage to get it locked in but it is occasionally a tricky move

My Mavic pro..That design is straight forward...an OVAL see through cover with specific slots ..male ends on the cap fitting the female slots on the bird

Tight and secure...BUT,it's not the EVO !!!!
I will get the cover over the camera, then turning the evo upside down while holding cover in place, then snap in the right side and the other side clicks right in. Works like a snap, (pun intended).
And, made my first downloaded firmware update today also. Pretty straight forward with little hassle.
butch

I will get the cover over the camera, then turning the evo upside down while holding cover in place, then snap in the right side and the other side clicks right in. Works like a snap, (pun intended).
And, made my first downloaded firmware update today also. Pretty straight forward with little hassle.
butch
Yah like he said. Works great.

I had trouble with the gimbal guard also, but then discovered the key to doing it correctly. The key is to put the tab on the right side (facing the front of the Evo) in first. There's an indentation where it belongs, and once you get that tab seated, you squeeze the sides gently and pop in the other side.
Removing it is just the opposite, where you squeeze, pop out the left side, and then it comes off.
The photo below shows where the right-side tab goes in, with it almost in place.

EvoGimbalGuard.JPG

COOL...did you do the battery ? Batteries ?

Never did them...first time for me on them..did each separately...THREE

Also...worked out the cam cover...the OTHER side of the cover clicks in

The LENS cover part i hold in place and the Other side (with the little notches) Snaps it all in

FINALLY

One last pain in my butt...taking the battery OUT

What a pain in the nuts...you have to exert MUCHO Pressuro.to snatch that battery out

HOLDING the button and Pulling at the same time with my hand trembling a bit before...Flying out of the seat area

If all problems were that small...but ,a pain in the nuts a little

Reactions: SnagsWolf
COOL...did you do the battery ? Batteries ?

Never did them...first time for me on them..did each separately...THREE

Also...worked out the cam cover...the OTHER side of the cover clicks in

The LENS cover part i hold in place and the Other side (with the little notches) Snaps it all in

FINALLY

What a pain in the nuts...you have to exert MUCHO Pressuro.to snatch that battery out

HOLDING the button and Pulling at the same time with my hand trembling a bit before...Flying out of the seat area

I always leave the gimbal cover on during battery removal, scared I will shake the crap out of the gimbal. LOL
butch

I always leave the gimbal cover on during battery removal, scared I will shake the crap out of the gimbal. LOL
butch
That is a good idea brother...i will do that also...becaue theres a WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN goin on and you don't wanna f with that cam ! U r CORRECT and Thanks

Found a little trick for that. Fold the rear arms in and then press the lower corner of the back of the Evo against your chest or stomach. Then pull on the battery. It'll come off but only move about an inch, and the Evo won't be jerked.

An alternative would be to leave the back arms extended, and lean down and press the back of the Evo against your knee while pulling on the battery.

Found a little trick for that. Fold the rear arms in and then press the lower corner of the back of the Evo against your chest or stomach. Then pull on the battery. It'll come off but only move about an inch, and the Evo won't be jerked.

An alternative would be to leave the back arms extended, and lean down and press the back of the Evo against your knee while pulling on the battery.
[/QUO

Trying to picture what you are describing

I will check it out

Thank You

My only problem

is it me ?
My EVO has been having problems and that cover was just the first. I cut 2 small slits on the right side to make it a bit less hard to squeeze the detention area. I hope that helps. I got the flight tag on amazon .

Attachments

• DSCN3471.JPG
    DSCN3471.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 19

Hey...i have been using your method in my own way...i hold the body of the Evo with the camera end pointing in the direction of my face...i push the Evo and its legs against my chest ,hold the button down and pull the battery DOWN towards my legs and i helps..You still have to exert a fair amount of pressure for it to finally POP out (uncliick itself).. it is still a pain in the nuts but it works

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy