Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Upgrade

Evopete

Reaction score
Hi all, first time posting on here but frustration with upgrading firmware has driven me to it. I am trying to send the downloaded latest firmware 2.5.0 to my Evo 2 however the app keeps crashing and it will not send. The download went fine no problem but sending it on is a nightmare. I have to say that when I first got my drone and did the update process then to the previous firmware version it was just as temperamental and took god knows how many attempts to make it happen. If this is going to be every time a new version comes out I am going to be well annoyed. I moved from my previous DJI drone to what I hoped would be a better experience but alas just getting twisted and bitter. Any advice on a foolproof method for doing the upgrade welcomed. Thanks.

You should first consider whether you really want 2.5.0. It has created problems for many that they did not have before updating, May want to wait for the next one.

You can always try the direct method of downloading the .bin file putting it on your SD card and updating.

If your bird flies well with the firmware you currently have, wait before upgrading to 2.5.0.
There are apparently a lot of bugs (including drone drift) to correct on this version, a tip, wait for the next firmware.
If you put version 2.5.0 on your Evo, be aware that it is almost impossible to go back to an old firmware.

Reactions: beiv

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials