Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware updating question

Brendan688

Reaction score
Good Evening all and hopefully this is a stupid question that can be answered easily! I have a new Evo 2 Pro 6K V2 arriving tomorrow, my first Autel drone. I'm very excited for it and have been looking up everything I can find. As far as firmware, if it needs an update, would you recommend over the air or via SD card? And here is my stupid question, I downloaded the current firmware, V2.1.31, and it is a .zip file. If I click on the zip, there are four files (3 bin and 1 json) Do I put the zip on the SD card or click and bring the four files over? Sorry if it's a stupid question, computer stuff isn't my forte! Thanks in advance

Welcome to the fray.

Definitely use the SD card method. If you have the standard controller, make sure and select the FW listed for that. There is also the same firmware version for the Smart Controller. If you use that one it may brick the standard controller. So, pay attention! On your computer, extract the .zip and place all 4 files in the root of the SD card. Place it in the drone and start it up. Have your controller powered. Then you just let it sit and update. When it's done, you reboot both and you're ready to fly.

The latest firmware is v.2.1.77

Reactions: edgardcafe
Welcome to the fray.

Definitely use the SD card method. If you have the standard controller, make sure and select the FW listed for that. There is also the same firmware version for the Smart Controller. If you use that one it may brick the standard controller. So, pay attention! On your computer, extract the .zip and place all 4 files in the root of the SD card. Place it in the drone and start it up. Have your controller powered. Then you just let it sit and update. When it's done, you reboot both and you're ready to fly.

The latest firmware is v.2.1.77

I bricked my controller by installing the wrong firmware.

On the download page, there are two tabs and a download button. The left most tab is for regular controller. The second tab is between that tab and the download button. All you have to do is mouse over the smart controller tab on the way to the download button and it will switch downloads!!!

I believe this is what happened to me - I have no other ideas on how I ended up downloading the wrong package.

Assuming you have the standard controller, the name of the downloaded file you need is "Model-C_WiMax8020_FW_V2.1.77.zip"

The smart controller firmware is in a file called "Model-C_WiMaxPad_FW_V2.1.77.zip" -- you do NOT want this one if you have a standard controller!

Good Evening all and hopefully this is a stupid question that can be answered easily! I have a new Evo 2 Pro 6K V2 arriving tomorrow, my first Autel drone. I'm very excited for it and have been looking up everything I can find. As far as firmware, if it needs an update, would you recommend over the air or via SD card? And here is my stupid question, I downloaded the current firmware, V2.1.31, and it is a .zip file. If I click on the zip, there are four files (3 bin and 1 json) Do I put the zip on the SD card or click and bring the four files over? Sorry if it's a stupid question, computer stuff isn't my forte! Thanks in advance
Not sure about your question. But read the notes for the up dates. And you will have to go and up date the batteries as well( change batteries and update one at a time.
As for your update I transfer the update with a cable to the dronehope that helps
J.J.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58