Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

firmware update stuck at 99%

Reaction score
updating my drone and its stuck at the 99% 1 second update from the controller to the drone. i havnt updated my drone since nov/dec. its been busy.

restarted the remote and drone and it redid the process. it worked the second time. i was worried. i let that sit for 40 minutes :<

Last edited:
Rocket Lawnchair, over-the-air as prompted by the controller-- or downloaded as .bin, installed on a MicroSD, and unpacked by drone as Autel recommends?

I had the same issue. Kept doing it over and over until I deleted the update from the SD card in the drone. The it all rebooted normally and was updated.

I now have two of the E2P's so I didn't let it reboot on the second one until I deleted the update from the card.

The second E2P was a used one but only barely. It hadn't even been through the activation process with Autel. I could have added the Autel Care but I didn't.

It has the first style gimbal cover and I know why people were complaining about it. The newer version is much better and I was going to buy one until I saw the $30+ price tag for a piece of clear molded plastic that even dJI sells for just $10 or so.

Yeah, it'd be great if the controller/Autel Explorer didn't trip everybody up here by offering a button click to upgrade over-the-air when the .bin downloaded to a card is the recommended, safer, fool-proof method

I had the same issue. Kept doing it over and over until I deleted the update from the SD card in the drone. The it all rebooted normally and was updated.

I now have two of the E2P's so I didn't let it reboot on the second one until I deleted the update from the card.

The second E2P was a used one but only barely. It hadn't even been through the activation process with Autel. I could have added the Autel Care but I didn't.

It has the first style gimbal cover and I know why people were complaining about it. The newer version is much better and I was going to buy one until I saw the $30+ price tag for a piece of clear molded plastic that even dJI sells for just $10 or so.

Is this what you're talking about? It's $9.99.

This posting is disinformation

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
Your post also takes a contrarian, trollish tone. You state the opposite of the recommended cure for an incomplete OTA firmware update. The .bin file on MicroSD card is self-erased upon FW update. Be helpful or go away

Reactions: Deleted member 6303
Your post also takes a contrarian, trollish tone. You state the opposite of the recommended cure for an incomplete OTA firmware update. The .bin file on MicroSD card is self-erased upon FW update. Be helpful or go away
I return the call for you to leave or be helpful. You are the troll; not I.

Instead of helping (me) find a solution like hoyazot did you called me a liar. Calling people names on an open forum is the best way to cause hate and discontent.

Ergo you are what you have chosen to call me. And the update did go into a loop as a I said until I deleted it from the SD card. You don't have to believe me although it did happen but again; calling me a liar is destructive and harmful to this or any forum. You should go elsewhere to peddle your hate.

FWIW; on the second E2 the file did self delete but not the first one. Anyone who has been around computers for even a little while knows they can get glitches. None are perfect. These drones are basically remote operated computers.

I may be on the same topic . I was quite confused what was happening for awhile, so bear with me without criticism. I have all 3 of Autel Drones. yes a perfectly good X-star premium with 2 swelled battery's which is my paper weight now.
My Evo 1 is my back up drone now for my roof inspection. My Evo 1 was fine till the new firmware update which popped up again, when I started using a new phone Samsung S21 Ultra. The new app has Evo 1 and Evo 2 on it. I set it to Evo1 and then it called for an update which I did over the air. After the update it said reboot and try again. everything was checked off as loaded except the bottom right side that reads Remote with a circle by it. I myself thinking it did download, ( actually did not complete download). It did not pop up again that it needed the firmware. I did the compass calibration that went fine. Everything I thought was good ( but wasn't) I had visual on the screen and no other warnings. I took off and went up 10 ft. as usual and it just took off on it's own and did the wandering circle of death and glided down on top of the snow bank . The symptoms of a crazy loss of compass. I redownloaded the app and tried a few more times . Ok so after putting it in the snow bank 2 more times I thought I am quitting for the day. I had to think of something else causing it.
Here is what I found. I put the SD card into my computer to see what was on it. My SD card read 2.5.18 firmware for EVO 2 How did that get there ???. I could only see it because it didn't actually copy all of it. I wiped the SD card clean and down loaded 1.5.8 manually which is actually faster. It loaded completely and said successfully downloaded which I never got before. yes it was stuck at 99 % but just give it some extra time and sure enough it was successful . I verified that the 1.5.8 was on the SD card before I downloaded it to the aircraft.
I verified after download by removing the SD card from the aircraft and read what was on it after download. The 1.5.8 was not on the SD card which means it did copy itself to the aircraft. I have had 4 perfectly successful flights after that.
Next. since my EVO2 was flying a bit erratic . would not fly straight. I cleared the SD card and started over and manually loaded the 2.5.18 and did all the calibrations and calibrated the sticks. It is flying straight as an arrow now and flying much smoother.
I am quite pleased with the outcome . These are just my experiences that I ran across. Not pushing facts for the fact finders.
Thanks Mike

@Checker…..My buddy’s EVO I did the same exact thing after a prompt to perform a firmware update as well. It was the first immediate flight after the update that his did the same thing as well. Unfortunately for him, his crashed onto concrete and was destroyed. Same exact story! Hopefully this tidbit of information helps some other EVO I owners from destruction.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy