Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update 2.0.12

runxtc

Reaction score
I am having issues with parts of the update:
Flight Control (failed)

Each Item retries 2 times before failing. The Flight Control part immediately starts with red lights and beeping sound then fails.

The batteries are updating.
Sonar failed on two tries then finally updated on the third try.
Optical Flow failed on 3 tries and updated on 4th try.

Any thoughts or ideas to rectify?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I would first delete the old copy. Download a new copy. Place it on your formatted SDcard in the root directory. Place the card into the camera SDcard slot. Fire up the X-Star and wait for it to unpack. Some do it the other way by firing up the X-star first and inserting the SDcard and it fails 9 times out of ten.
Good luck.

Sonar failed on two tries then finally updated on the third try.

Any thoughts or ideas to rectify?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Optical Flow updated on the 4 battery update.

I would first delete the old copy. Download a new copy. Place it on your formatted SDcard in the root directory. Place the card into the camera SDcard slot. Fire up the X-Star and wait for it to unpack. Some do it the other way by firing up the X-star first and inserting the SDcard and it fails 9 times out of ten.
Good luck.
I will download again. I have been rebooting both the rc and aircraft for each try and inserting the sd card prior to startup. Also on last two tries deleted the .bin-old file and replaced from stored .bin file location. The odd thing is when the flight control update starts I hear the RC do 2 quick buzz sounds, then the aircraft lights turn red and a sound like glasses knocking together 3 times, repeat. Sounds like someone is toasting drinks.

Once you have tried again fire it up and look in the app to see if everything is updated by comparing the release notes. It might already be up to date and just giving you errors.

Firmware 2.0.12 Release Notes | Autel Robotics
Did that. I am in touch with Autel. They responded in 15 minutes. Everything updated except for Flight Control. Tried for each battery, 6 , then tried differet SD cards, reformatting. Still no go.

Oh well. Never got the update to apply. It ended up installing all but Flight Control. Sending it in for repairs. Just got RMA info. Thanks for the help.

Oh well. Never got the update to apply. It ended up installing all but Flight Control. Sending it in for repairs. Just got RMA info. Thanks for the help.

Unplug your cable!!! This same thing happened to me. I was connecting the USB cable from controller to drone during the whole upgrade. It was an act of trial and error that I discovered that disconnecting the cable completed the upgrade.

Reactions: runxtc
Unplug your cable!!! This same thing happened to me. I was connecting the USB cable from controller to drone during the whole upgrade. It was an act of trial and error that I discovered that disconnecting the cable completed the upgrade.
Thanks. I sent it back last night so missed your post. I will tell Autel and maybe they will be able to help others with the same.

Thanks. I sent it back last night so missed your post. I will tell Autel and maybe they will be able to help others with the same.

Did I miss an instruction to do that? Disconnect cable?

I too am having problems but I can't get the firmware to open to transfer to the SD card. When I try to open so that I can extract it Adobe comes up and says it can't be opened because it's an unsupported file type or the file is corrupt. Emailed Autel and got no response for two days. Emailed again and got a response but all he offered was to make sure the SD card wasn't locked. Emailed again and got no response. Their world class customer service has gone to crap. Ideas anyone?

I too am having problems but I can't get the firmware to open to transfer to the SD card. When I try to open so that I can extract it Adobe comes up and says it can't be opened because it's an unsupported file type or the file is corrupt. Emailed Autel and got no response for two days. Emailed again and got a response but all he offered was to make sure the SD card wasn't locked. Emailed again and got no response. Their world class customer service has gone to crap. Ideas anyone?

You do not open the file at all. All you do is transfer the file to the SD card. Once on the card and in the camera and the drone turned on it will start to unpack. Don't touch it until it says finished.

You do not open the file at all. All you do is transfer the file to the SD card. Once on the card and in the camera and the drone turned on it will start to unpack. Don't touch it until it says finished.
Thanks I will try that. I guess I misinterpreted the instructions on the Autel site.

I read through the "What's New" list on the Autel link to see just exactly what is new. I don't see any mention of Do Not Fly zone stuff. Is there anything in the new (or slightly older) firmware that actually prevents you from flying if you are located in a dreaded "no fly" zone. One of my fave flying spots near my home is not far from the local small airport. But, where I fly is actually behind a small mountain and not anywhere near where planes fly. If someone was going to hit my XSP they would already be on their way to an 'air disaster'. Is there anything in the firmware or software that actually prevents me from taking off in NFZ's?

Whatever the old firmware has this one is the same. One of the betas had a annoying message saying you are in a restricted area but still allowed you to fly. They took that out in all other updates. If you were able to fly before you still will be able to fly with this firmware.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Any chance of releasing the SDK now?
Third party apps like Litchi would sure nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonahlange