Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

firmware and software update

Valthermond

Reaction score
I just got an update for my evo nano + The firmware has been updated to 1.8.2 and the software for the autelsky is now 1.4.54. But does anyone know what has changed?

Attachments

• IMG-20230329-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230329-WA0001.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: kelly1
My current firmware levels are shown in red on the Sky app but I'm not getting the prompt to upgrade.

New Features​

• Added ATTI mode for the Japan region

Bug Fixes and Optimizations​

• Optimized the image transmission stability
  • Optimized the camera algorithms and color display
  • Optimized the gimbal self-checking process
  • Fixed the over-discharged battery charging issue on the Nano aircraft
  • Fixed the no-fly zone display issue
  • Fixed other known issues

!! You need to update the Autel Sky App first before the OTA firmware update !!

Reactions: kelly1 and enKoDed

New Features​

• Added ATTI mode for the Japan region

Bug Fixes and Optimizations​

• Optimized the image transmission stability
  • Optimized the camera algorithms and color display
  • Optimized the gimbal self-checking process
  • Fixed the over-discharged battery charging issue on the Nano aircraft
  • Fixed the no-fly zone display issue
  • Fixed other known issues

!! You need to update the Autel Sky App first before the OTA firmware update !!
After my update, it said it failed. But looking at the version, it is V1.8.2 I get no prompt after restarting. The sky app has also been updated.

I did the upgrade this morning. After 15 min. it said the upgrade had failed. Looking at the app it says my firmware version is V1.8.2 After restarting both the controller and aircraft I am not getting a prompt to upgrade. My app has been upgraded.

I did the upgrade this morning. After 15 min. it said the upgrade had failed. Looking at the app it says my firmware version is V1.8.2 After restarting both the controller and aircraft I am not getting a prompt to upgrade. My app has been upgraded.
Same here.
Got the "upgrade failed" message, but firmware then showed as 1.8.2. Had two flights after that with no issues.

Same here.
Got the "upgrade failed" message, but firmware then showed as 1.8.2. Had two flights after that with no issues.
Same... Got to 68% and failed.. After reboot shows 1.8.2..... The remote did the wigwag two center lights as the nano main was flashing fast. Then the remote wigwag the two outside lights and the nano battery wigwag the two center with the main light really fast... Then the remote and nano lights all went normal... Then a few more minutes then fail.

Same... Got to 68% and failed.. After reboot shows 1.8.2..... The remote did the wigwag two center lights as the nano main was flashing fast. Then the remote wigwag the two outside lights and the nano battery wigwag the two center with the main light really fast... Then the remote and nano lights all went normal... Then a few more minutes then fail.
I wonder if we have all the new firmware installed, it shows the correct firmware number but the app says it failed.

same here, failed...and then nothing else except i have the most current update. i guess we can expect another sw update version to correct this issue since it is obviously broken. all seems well but unless it performs 100% as expected, this cannot be allowed....so unprofessional. :(

Reactions: ADOC
Does anyone know if a download of the new firmware is available for a manual update? I can see the release notes on the Autel site, but no download button. I've got two nano+'s. One of them updated fine OTA, but now the controller won't connect to the other one. I'm hoping a manual firmware update of the 2nd drone will fix it. Hoping...

just been trying out the new firmware. Do my eyes decieve me, or have they finally completely fixed the RAW photo colours? Anyone else had a chance to try? I only tested on landscapes, so it's hard to tell if there's still some weird green colouration going on! But so far, this is looking brilliant. Raw vs Jpg comparison attached. Uniform white balance processing for both.

Attachments

• webres  MAX_0018  2.jpg
    webres MAX_0018 2.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 52
  • webres DNG  MAX_0018  3.jpg
    webres DNG MAX_0018 3.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 62
have to try on weekend :) bad weather, but if its true than nice improvement, because quality and detail are far better with raw

My Nano+ updated the firmware and now the video is not displaying on the screen. Has anyone seen this issue and does anyone have a solution for it?

UPDATE: It appears that the update has a partial failure. The camera firmware now shows as Version 0.0.0.0. I have tried a force update twice, per the recommendations of Autel support, but it is still in that state.

Last edited:
A little late to the firmware update party... However, I finally accepted the prompt this afternoon and updated the firmware on my Nano+. Definitely took awhile but worked thru all the beeping, lights flashing, reboots, and status bar progressions. It resulted in a successful firmware update. After restarting the bird and the controller everything looks updated and good.

Yet anaother 'failed' update at 68%. I've not flown it yet but after restarting and checking the component firmware versions they all tally with what is shown on the website. I did notice that my gimbal wasn't constantly self checking as it had previously.

My Nano+ updated the firmware and now the video is not displaying on the screen. Has anyone seen this issue and does anyone have a solution for it?

UPDATE: It appears that the update has a partial failure. The camera firmware now shows as Version 0.0.0.0. I have tried a force update twice, per the recommendations of Autel support, but it is still in that state.
Could you post the process that Autel recommended to “force” an update in case someone else would like to try it.

BTW - I luckily installed the latest update without any issue and my Nano+ is working normally.

be sure thats your remote control doesnt goes off, when beepeng before going off, push some button for examples, to remain power on.

Could you post the process that Autel recommended to “force” an update in case someone else would like to try it.

BTW - I luckily installed the latest update without any issue and my Nano+ is working normally.
How do you force the update? My drone says it is updated, but I see N/A or 0.0.0.0 for many of the versions. The app doesn't seem to have a reinstall option.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d