Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware 2.30- Big Improvement

Tech514

Reaction score
Have had my E2P for about 5 weeks now. Even though the Explorer App, that supports all of the 2.30 updates, has not been released yet, I can see significant improvement in flight control and precision landing. Prior to this update the sticks were far too extreme in their immediate responsiveness and immediate braking while in manual flight mode, causing very jerky flight response. Even though we will have to wait for the App update to be released to be able to tweak the expanded EXP settings, it is obvious to me that Autel has significantly dampened the sticks in all directions (before any expanded EXP settings will be made manually), which was much needed. The drone now handles more like my mature Mavic Pro that has precise and smooth flight control & braking in all directions. I'm also noticing rock-solid hover compared to hovering before 2.30 upgrade, where the drone would constantly make abrupt adjustments even in the most mild of wind conditions.

Precision landing is also significantly improved; in four tests yesterday my E2P landed only a few inches off center from takeoff point on landing pad. Before 2.30, precision landing was anything but precise, varying from 1-15 feet or more off target, so random... but not anymore. This the second FW update released since receiving my E2P in late May; the first update was performed before my first flight so I only have one prior update to 2.30 to compare to, but these improvements in 2.30 are very encouraging!

This the second FW update released since receiving my E2P in late May; the first update was performed before my first flight so I only have one prior update to 2.30 to compare to, but these improvements in 2.30 are very encouraging!

If you have iOS you can download the Beta Explorer app to try out the new features.

Thanks, where do I DL from, do I need a Testflight account?

I have installed the Beta iOS Explorer App1.5.9, thanks for sharing! Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the Radar audio beeps without having to turn off Radar altogether? They are constant and unbearable until you elevate to a height where obstacles are not detected by the avoidance sensors.

^ YES! I feel the same way! That damn beeping is enough to send anyone to the funny farm after awhile! The only way I can overcome it is to put my iPhone in silent mode with the radar still active. Decreasing the volume of my phone sometimes lowers the sound to a quiet beep and other times it still beeps loudly with the phone volume as low as it goes. I usually fly with obstacle avoidance disabled, but keep the radar map active. This beta app has no way to disable the sound of that annoying beep that I could find, so I just silence my phone. I’m going to give feedback about it being too loud and annoying. I would advise anyone else to do the same. Other than that, the new app update has been great. This update gives you so much more fine tune adjustments that should quell those complaining of jerky motion and handling. Now it’s on par with my M2P. I’m lovin’ it! Adios!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga