Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Finally did the newer firmware 2.620 update

VdoMemories

Reaction score
Finally I did the newer firmware 2.620 for both my EVO 2 Pro drones.
The automatic Gimbel calibration failed on both.
The test flight went as planned, just basic flight so far.
Will do an indoor flight check today and report back !

VdoMemories

VdoMemories
I updated my Pro 6k and the gimbal calibration worked with my Freewell ND filter attached. My empierce has been the Freewell ND/CPL filter is the one that fails for me. So which filter did you have installed when you did the calibration?

So far, I've had 0 issues with 2.6.20 on my Evo II Pro

Reactions: PTBperegrine
I had bought my Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K after being disgusted by my Typhoon H circling and going out of control and ripping apart the
camera mounts.

The Autel EVO 2 Pro has been flying well and I came to trust it, so I bought yet another one and did the same firmware update etc.

Was flying good but suddenly started circling and there was nothing we could do to control it and ended up crashing it against my
home !
* * I just called B & H and asked to ship yet another one and returned the Bad One.

**--** Sent a message to Autel about it but Never Heard Back from them.

Now this 3 rd newer one EVO 2 Pro 6K would not automatically do Gimbel balance on Firmware 2.518 no matter what but was
flying Ok.

Then one day not too long back as I pressed Take off button it shoot to my right barely 16 to 26 inches on its own. All this time
I'm holding the down button ( Left knob ) it rose up and crashed in to my neighbors home !

**--** Having the Propellers guards did help save the drone, " A Must " be included in any and all Bundles !

* * When I called Autel and spoke to David and told him I lost my trust on the Drone and its a Killing Machine that goes out of
control ! !

* He offered to take it back for re-evaluation, I told him to replace the Propeller Guards and 4 damaged propeller, he refused as not
being part of warranty.

He was suppose to send me a Questionnaire, I never heard from them again ! !

We all heard about DJI customers service " Sucks "

How would you compare Autel service ?

**--** Good companies " under promise and over deliver " the battery only gives 32 to 33 minutes and 6 minutes before the end
starts going home, Now that's 32 minutes minus 6 so the actual flying time is only 26 minutes not 40. Whom are you Fooling ! !

**--** Don't you feel Autel owes us all one battery for each Highly Priced EVO 2 Pro 6K with yet another battery as a gesture of
" Good Will "

**--** The Propeller guard needs to be beefed up a bit at the joints to make it even stronger and included with every bundle.

**--** What a Shame Autel could not give us a 10 cent plastic piece to extend the remote to take on 7 inch LCD screen like this.

* * I have in the past been asking for smoother zoom feature controlled by right Thumb Wheel like on DJI Mavic Air 2. Not jump to
2X, 3X, 4X and add Panoramic picture feature !

**--**I'm scared of even flying this drone, how would you feel after buying a new car and it brakes down on the way home, would
you go for family vacation on that car, now ?

Wake up Autel, if you want our Loyality and continued support ! !

Attachments

• 20210311_104547.jpg
    20210311_104547.jpg
    846.3 KB · Views: 22
I'm also noticing it take much longer at times for GPS to register its strength.
With all my photo cameras I always do this test pattern test from 9 steps away and had to zoom 4X to get a better picture, I hear up to 4X is lossless. Result on both Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K was Ok
Those test pattern pictures taken while flying indoors.

Attachments

• Newer MAX_0037.jpg
    Newer MAX_0037.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Older MAX_0017 Sm.jpg
    Older MAX_0017 Sm.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I'm also noticing it take much longer at times for GPS to register its strength.
With all my photo cameras I always do this test pattern test from 9 steps away and had to zoom 4X to get a better picture, I hear up to 4X is lossless. Result on both Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K was Ok
This is what I'm talking about in my post on this firmware. That left one just looks a bit more crisp/clear. It seems they have improved image quality for sure. Could be that autofocus fix.

I had bought my Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K after being disgusted by my Typhoon H circling and going out of control and ripping apart the
camera mounts.

The Autel EVO 2 Pro has been flying well and I came to trust it, so I bought yet another one and did the same firmware update etc.

Was flying good but suddenly started circling and there was nothing we could do to control it and ended up crashing it against my
home !
* * I just called B & H and asked to ship yet another one and returned the Bad One.

Now this 3 rd newer one EVO 2 Pro 6K would not automatically do Gimbel balance on Firmware 2.518 no matter what but was
flying Ok.

Then one day not too long back as I pressed Take off button it shoot to my right barely 16 to 26 inches on its own. All this time
I'm holding the down button ( Left knob ) it rose up and crashed in to my neighbors home !

**--** Having the Propellers guards did help save the drone, " A Must " be included in any and all Bundles !

* * When I called Autel and spoke to David and told him I lost my trust on the Drone and its a Killing Machine that goes out of
control ! !

* He offered to take it back for re-evaluation, I told him to replace the Propeller Guards and 4 damaged propeller, he refused as not
being part of warranty.

**--** Good companies " under promise and over deliver " the battery only gives 32 to 33 minutes and 6 minutes before the end
starts going home, Now that's 32 minutes minus 6 so the actual flying time is only 26 minutes not 40. Whom are you Fooling ! !

**--** Don't you feel Autel owes us all one battery for each Highly Priced EVO 2 Pro 6K with yet another battery as a gesture of
" Good Will "

**--** The Propeller guard needs to be beefed up a bit at the joints to make it even stronger and included with every bundle.

**--** What a Shame Autel could not give us a 10 cent plastic piece to extend the remote to take on 7 inch LCD screen like this.

* * I have in the past been asking for smoother zoom feature controlled by right Thumb Wheel like on DJI Mavic Air 2. Not jump to

**--**I'm scared of even flying this drone, how would you feel after buying a new car and it brakes down on the way home, would

I won’t comment on your customer service experience with Autel except to say my experience with DJI was worse but your experience with drones frequently crashing into your house make wonder if there is some kind of interfering signal in the area.

camera mounts.

home !

flying Ok.

control ! !

being part of warranty.

" Good Will "

Sorry for you problems. Are you giving your new drones adequate time to fill the GPS Almanac? That can be up to 13 minutes (powered up, on the ground, motors off). You only need to do this for a new unit or if you haven't flown for many weeks. If you have moved to a new location many miles from your last flight (especially east or west) you will need to do a compass calibration. Also, think about what metal things might be buried under your take-off location to screw up the compass.

Reactions: Autelpilotsnumpty
Wow, since when does one need to do a compass calibration whenever you move to a new launch site? I have never done a calibration on my ll Pro, but again I am on an old firmware, the second or third upate. Guess I should reconsider.

Greetings Rubik3x, this is the very first time I heard what you said, never heard that before.
I just updated to newer 2.622 firmware on both my Audio EVO 2 Pro 6K, will get to try flying at least one of them today.
I have not heard from Autel at all for they should at least be sending us all EVO2 Pro done owners a battery for short changing us on battery ratings, propeller guards and a simple 10 cent extender to adopt the remote to 7 inch screen.
its the propeller guards that saved my drone after crashing but the guard joints needs to be beefed up a bit more !
The GPS takes far too longer to register at times before flight. The zoom feature needs to be gradual zoom like a video camera zoom. DJI Mavic 2 Air for $700 has that feature now ! !
Not 2X, 3X, 4X.
Camera movement far too fast still for video in Flight Control, Advanced Settings, Sensitivity to Yaw Movement the lowest you can set is 20% still too fast for video destination shots. Bring it down to 10%

**--** The Remote back buttons so badly placed and keep getting " Pressed "
* * * * Every time I want to go fly my cell batteries are not ready, why sell a $1800 to $2100 drone without a proper Remote with 7 inch built in LCD with hoods !
Do a Re-Call on remote and give us properly designed Remote with buttons well placed , keeping us in mind !
Please add the Panorama feature built-in.

Attachments

• 51OHMIkofbL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    51OHMIkofbL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_6210 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6210 Sm.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Greetings Rubik3x, this is the very first time I heard what you said, never heard that before.
* * * * Every time I want to go fly my cell batteries are not ready, why sell a $1800 to $2100 drone without a proper Remote with 7 inch built in LCD with hoods !
-I agree that the back buttons are a pain. I just covered the offending button up so it can't be pressed accidentally.
-It's funny that you show the Yuneec Typhoon H controller as and example of a controller with integrated screen. I used that system for several years. When it was first introduced, people complained about its size, "too big", "too heavy". I thought it was just fine and enjoyed using it. However, the screen wasn't bright enough.
-I agree about the missing panorama feature.

Reactions: PingSpike

VdoMemories
I did it new FW from March 19. Lost the functions tripod track and parallel track. the is no "target designator" that should pop up. Oddly, dynamic track designator is working.

I just updated to newer 2.622 firmware on both my Audio EVO 2 Pro 6K, will get to try flying at least one of them today.
I have not heard from Autel at all for they should at least be sending us all EVO2 Pro done owners a battery for short changing us on battery ratings, propeller guards and a simple 10 cent extender to adopt the remote to 7 inch screen.
its the propeller guards that saved my drone after crashing but the guard joints needs to be beefed up a bit more !
The GPS takes far too longer to register at times before flight. The zoom feature needs to be gradual zoom like a video camera zoom. DJI Mavic 2 Air for $700 has that feature now ! !
Not 2X, 3X, 4X.
Camera movement far too fast still for video in Flight Control, Advanced Settings, Sensitivity to Yaw Movement the lowest you can set is 20% still too fast for video destination shots. Bring it down to 10%

Do a Re-Call on remote and give us properly designed Remote with buttons well placed , keeping us in mind !

It really sounds like there is something wrong with your launch process to lose that many drones in the same location and even from two different vendors. In 7yrs of flying drones I've never had any of the problems you described; are you taking off from cement, near rebar, near a cell tower, before the GPS is synched, without doing a compass calibration, etc?

One clue to your problems is you mentioned GPS takes a long time to acquire. This sounds to me like you are taking off from a location where GPS coverage is marginal and during the takeoff process it probably drops back down to ATTI mode quite frequently. This is why part of my takeoff procedure is to go straight up 100' to get the drone away from nearby obstacles and ensure it has a clear path to the GPS satellites.

My takeoff process is very simple and I have never lost a drone in 7yrs by following this simple process
  • Place drone on top of rugged case - I always take off from grass and away from cement because cement can affect your compass. I also always place the drone on top of the rugged case vs taking off from the ground to give myself more room between the ground and possible sources of interference (i.e. buried power lines, metal, etc)
  • Cell phone in airplane mode - I always put my cell phone in airplane mode as well as my tablet so that they don't cause interference while flying
  • Clear all errors before takeoff - if I get a compass error I immediately shut down the drone and change locations by at least 30' before trying again.
  • GPS Lock - I always make sure that I have a full GPS lock prior to takeoff. There are times when I simply cannot get enough GPS satellites for a good lock at the location I am at. In those situations I take off in ATTI mode and send it straight up to 200' to get a GPS lock before commencing filming. The key here is I'm aware that I don't have a GPS lock.
  • Takeoff Procedure - After taking off I always fly 100' straight up and hover. While there I set my exposure check to see how the drone is responding, and check for errors one more time. At that altitude it is away from power lines, trees, houses, has a clear line to the GPS satellites, and up there I have time to try to control it if it goes nuts
Your EVO's LiPo batteries cannot be stored for long periods while fully charged, for safety reasons they start discharging if they are not used within 7 days, so yes; you should always put them on the charger prior to flying even if it has only been a couple of days and they seem full. All LiPo batteries are like this and it is much better than the alternative which is possibly burning your house down in the middle of the night or swelling to the point that you have to throw them away after just a few uses.

I agree with you that the remote is very poorly designed, its very uncomfortable in the hand, it doesn't use a USB-C charging port (pet peeve of mine), the handles try to close all the time, etc. But there is no such thing as a recall for something like that. No company issues a recall unless it is a public safety issue and the government has mandated it; no company would do such a thing on their own just due to poor design.

As bad as the EVO II's remote controller is, I would still prefer it over the one in your picture. With the EVO II's remote, I have it set up with an iPad mini, and modified GPC tablet holder; my setup works much better for me the way it is vs. being forced to use a big remote with a built in screen like the one you referenced. In my opinion the DJI P4's remote is still my favorite of all time. Is the perfect feel in the hand, perfect tablet holder and lanyard hook, and the battery would lasts for months.

51d-fGke9LL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Greetings Herein2021, thanks for your words of wisdom, I'll be sure to follow your good ideas.
Since you too are a videographer please feel free to add if I missed any points below !

Here is my message for Autel EVO2 Pro 6K after firmware update 2.622
I’m a Prof. Videographer and bought your Autel EVO2 Pro 6K ( Two of them ) for destination shots and
Smoother Cinematic Panning shots with out sudden jerky camera movements.
We the Prof. Videographers need a “ Cinematic Mode ”
In which the camera settings should allow me to put from 0 to 8 seconds gradual smoother delay for the camera and
Drone to achieve the speed of the move I have set at the “ Beginning of the shot and the Ending of the Shot “
* * * * Dampen all the sudden jerky movements to very very gradual coming to the speed as selected in the
Flight Control, Advanced Settings, Sensitivity , Yaw Movement to as slow as 08%
The lowest I could set is 20% still needs slower down to 08%

***** We do not Drone Race but use Autel EVO2 Pro 6K to get our video shots and pictures from above !

The newer firmware 2.622 still the Gimbel does not Auto Calibrate.

* * * Yesterday after firmware update to 2.622 My LCD had a long drag say 25 to 30 seconds and I did not even know what I
wad shooting due to long delay ! !

Absolutely no provision to put two $12 video lights on both front arms.

* * Beef up the Propeller guards at the joints and use better stronger Nylon to keep them from breaking and protecting the
Drone in case of a crash, when it starts to Boomerang and goes crazy like mine two Autel EVO2 Pro did recently !
DSC_6507 Sm.jpg
* * Where I live its always windy, how much wind can your drone safely fly on ?

This extender piece for the remote is 1/2 inch too long for a 7 inch LCD secondly the " U " shaped top part far too narrow to grip the screen.
We ended up spending all morning re-designing the piece and right now being 3D printed and taking 55 minutes to print !
I'm a former Quality Control Manager and accept no crappy workmanship !
More than that I'm a Sagittarius.

Attachments

• 51OHMIkofbL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    51OHMIkofbL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 5
Sorry for you problems. Are you giving your new drones adequate time to fill the GPS Almanac? That can be up to 13 minutes (powered up, on the ground, motors off). You only need to do this for a new unit or if you haven't flown for many weeks. If you have moved to a new location many miles from your last flight (especially east or west) you will need to do a compass calibration. Also, think about what metal things might be buried under your take-off location to screw up the compass.
I have a theory that storing the drone near any other batteries may also affect the compass. I bought a three-battery kit and the bag was full of batteries and the drone. I did everything I could when prepping for take-off to make sure nothing was affecting the compass calibration. Yet, seconds from take-off it had a mind of its own and crashed.
I have not bought another one after returning that drone as I have no faith in Autel yet, I sold my motorbike to get the funds to buy another and the money is sat there waiting but, every time I hear another story of the drone randomly crashing I remove the item from the basket. I cannot afford to purchase another drone from Autel only to have it fly into a tree or its own accord or dive into the ground because it thinks it's higher than it actually is or flies sideways for no reason.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles