Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FAA Ruling on ID - Has there been any response by Autel how they accommodate the remote ID regulation? Built in and additional add on to drones?

Are you sure? What tells you that it can broadcast information on the right channel and on the right frequency? Yuneec cannot and the Evos have the same flight card type system.
On my H520 and my Evo, I had to add a transmission module based on the frequency and type of transmission requested by the authorities since January 1st. Neither Yuneec, Ni Autel brought me this solution.

*CURIOUS* I wonder if the Remote ID is going to effect the No Geo-fencing Autel has... I believe I read that they still might apply a Geo-Fencing in the future.

Reactions: Satans-MIlkman
Are you sure? What tells you that it can broadcast information on the right channel and on the right frequency? Yuneec cannot and the Evos have the same flight card type system.
On my H520 and my Evo, I had to add a transmission module based on the frequency and type of transmission requested by the authorities since January 1st. Neither Yuneec, Ni Autel brought me this solution.
Thank you can you advise on the transmission module you purchased and where?

The Module is intended for the European system and I think it is not applicable to your country, with us it is the Wi-Fi frequency channel 6 or 2.437 Ghz over a range of one kilometer.
At home, they do not yet know that the standard takes Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, I hope that it will also be Wi - Fi because no drone is able to transmit in Bluetooth.

The Module is intended for the European system and I think it is not applicable to your country, with us it is the Wi-Fi frequency channel 6 or 2.437 Ghz over a range of one kilometer.
At home, they do not yet know that the standard takes Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, I hope that it will also be Wi - Fi because no drone is able to transmit in Bluetooth.
aren't we all focusing on a bt transmitter for the limited transmission range? wouldn't that be an advantage for the flyer who's data is being sent to the public? if your drone only transmits wifi, the attached rid shall have a wifi receiver, is that how it works?

My understanding is that the aircraft will push a message, like an airplane's transponder. If your aircraft cannot be retrofitted, a third party module will be another way to be compliant. It's not likely that this module will be need to be able to keep the aircraft from flying if it's not operational. It'll be up to the pilot to ensure correct operation in this case.

Last edited:
The authorities will have this kind of receiver that can track down a device within a mile radius. It allows the recording of the flight and also makes it possible to see if the drone does not go out of its authorized flight volume (including visual flight). So the recording will constitute irrefutable proof in the event of a fault and there, your defense is reduced to a skin of grief, a bit like the photo which took you in speeding or passing a red light.
You see on the screen the information which is sent from the device, the recording then makes it possible to reproduce the flight in 3D (exceeding distance or altitude or entering a restricted or prohibited zone).
Good luck for future flights.
signal-drone-sd-02.jpg

All of the required information for Remote ID is already being transmitted between the receiver and the UAV, except for an ID code. The FAA didn't specify exactly how that would be done but allowed Wifi (like now) and Bluetooth. The only parts missing would be app changes to a standard form and the phone app so every Bubba out there can find you and accuse you of spying on his girlfriend, not understanding that his girlfriend may have been 2 pixels on any video or picture you took.

• Haha
Reactions: verticalflyer
All of the required information for Remote ID is already being transmitted between the receiver and the UAV, except for an ID code. The FAA didn't specify exactly how that would be done but allowed Wifi (like now) and Bluetooth. The only parts missing would be app changes to a standard form and the phone app so every Bubba out there can find you and accuse you of spying on his girlfriend, not understanding that his girlfriend may have been 2 pixels on any video or picture you took.
I don't know, I have seen Bubba's girlfriend and she is a lot larger then 2 pixels :p

In theory, the widdling down of our hobby's flying flexibility is partly due to 'security' fearmongering and partly due to genuinely irresponsible idiots who fly without regard to bad publicity. In theory.

Yet when we parse the logic of the new FAA regulations, they turn out to be laughable red herrings that will not begin to solve the problems they are officially trying to address -- securing personal privacy and public safety. If someone wants to fly nefariously or dangerously, those same people will acquire drones without transponder IDs and fly them anywhere they want day or night. Asking them to fly with IDs would be the same as asking a bank robber to wear a GPS tracker on his ski mask.

Meanwhile, responsible pilots who transmit their name, address, and base-station coordinates will be exposed to potentially limitless harassment from drone bigots and self-important Barney Fifes. That may sound like an unintended consequence, but given how FAA regulations are often written by powerful for-profit corporations guided by clever lawyers and produced with heavily-tested message engineering, the potential negative impact on hobby pilots is very likely intentional.

Why these rules in reality?

As it turns out, it is no secret that monopolistic corporations are planning on monetizing airspace 0-400 feet for drone delivery services and other uses covering every economically feasible household in the country. Monopolistic corporations didn't become monopolistic corporations by compromising, and they will do whatever it takes to gain unimpeded control over this airspace. If the new transponder ID requirement doesn't work to send our hobby into a tailspin and drive us from the air, other more drastic and direct methods will be implemented.

Enjoy the next few years. After that, flying anywhere near civilization will be far more trouble than any enjoyment we could ever find in the hobby.

In this video from a year ago (about minute 4), at CES 2020, this guy said that they would have to adapt with the remote id, they don't seem to be in a hurry, right?

In this video from a year ago (about minute 4), at CES 2020, this guy said that they would have to adapt with the remote id, they don't seem to be in a hurry, right?

They still have almost 18 months. It's not that difficult technically I think. But taking into account that it's Autel, drones may start falling from the sky, if they put UI developers on it ;)

Reactions: gschulzuio
My thinking would be that Autel didn't want to act until the final rule was known. Meaning, now the technology would be integrated. If indeed it can be implemented with a software upgrade...it'll likely come sooner than later...

In theory, the widdling down of our hobby's flying flexibility is partly due to 'security' fearmongering and partly due to genuinely irresponsible idiots who fly without regard to bad publicity. In theory.

Yet when we parse the logic of the new FAA regulations, they turn out to be laughable red herrings that will not begin to solve the problems they are officially trying to address -- securing personal privacy and public safety. If someone wants to fly nefariously or dangerously, those same people will acquire drones without transponder IDs and fly them anywhere they want day or night. Asking them to fly with IDs would be the same as asking a bank robber to wear a GPS tracker on his ski mask.

Meanwhile, responsible pilots who transmit their name, address, and base-station coordinates will be exposed to potentially limitless harassment from drone bigots and self-important Barney Fifes. That may sound like an unintended consequence, but given how FAA regulations are often written by powerful for-profit corporations guided by clever lawyers and produced with heavily-tested message engineering, the potential negative impact on hobby pilots is very likely intentional.

As it turns out, it is no secret that monopolistic corporations are planning on monetizing airspace 0-400 feet for drone delivery services and other uses covering every economically feasible household in the country. Monopolistic corporations didn't become monopolistic corporations by compromising, and they will do whatever it takes to gain unimpeded control over this airspace. If the new transponder ID requirement doesn't work to send our hobby into a tailspin and drive us from the air, other more drastic and direct methods will be implemented.

Enjoy the next few years. After that, flying anywhere near civilization will be far more trouble than any enjoyment we could ever find in the hobby.
I totally agree with you, I'm very cautious with my drone and i'm half scared to death to fly it in zones i already know are perfectly legal but the culture from the FAA is to scare us to death to defy them, and there is so much legal jargon in these policies it almost makes it impossible for the regular joe without a harvard law degree to really tell if they are not breaking any laws at all, there are alot of laws out there so i try my best. There's a guy i work with that does whatever he wants and doesn't care he fly's where ever when ever and does whatever he wants and i kind of makes me mad, because i'm thinking when these new laws come into effect, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND A DRONE THATS "UNLOCKED" FOR LACK OF A BETTER TEREM, THAT HAS NO ID AND CANT BE TRACED. AND IF IT IS FOUND BY THE AUTHORITIES OH WELL THEY CANT TRACE IT BACK TO YOU. So basically all these rules are doing it making it even more difficult for the drone operator that follows the laws. I totally agree i think it wont be worth it in a few years to even try unless you have deep pockets you wont have any fun anymore flying drones!! Like my dad always said Locks are just for honest people!!

I totally agree with you, I'm very cautious with my drone and i'm half scared to death to fly it in zones i already know are perfectly legal but the culture from the FAA is to scare us to death to defy them, and there is so much legal jargon in these policies it almost makes it impossible for the regular joe without a harvard law degree to really tell if they are not breaking any laws at all, there are alot of laws out there so i try my best. There's a guy i work with that does whatever he wants and doesn't care he fly's where ever when ever and does whatever he wants and i kind of makes me mad, because i'm thinking when these new laws come into effect, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND A DRONE THATS "UNLOCKED" FOR LACK OF A BETTER TEREM, THAT HAS NO ID AND CANT BE TRACED. AND IF IT IS FOUND BY THE AUTHORITIES OH WELL THEY CANT TRACE IT BACK TO YOU. So basically all these rules are doing it making it even more difficult for the drone operator that follows the laws. I totally agree i think it wont be worth it in a few years to even try unless you have deep pockets you wont have any fun anymore flying drones!! Like my dad always said Locks are just for honest people!!

We live in a country where people have been given permission to act like morons to the point of taking this label on as a badge of honor -- and I have no problem with reasonable efforts to rein in bad pilots. Yet under the new FAA rules, flying legally could easily be misinterpreted as nefarious activity, and I might be inaccurately labeled as one of those bad pilots.

For example, there's a 100-foot-tall smokestack nearby that lets me fly a bit higher as long as I am flying close to this stack. And I also sometimes use image-stabilized binoculars to follow the flight of my drone -- in theory, using binoculars to extend my visual observation range. Will the Baney Fife's of this world flag the added altitude or range as a federal crime?

And even when I am doing nothing noticeably unusual at all -- with every drone-bigot cellphone owner in the area able to track me down -- I might be aggressively challenged any time during or after my flight.

In reality, I am unlikely to face a genuine threat to my liberty or life -- but it could happen -- and that thought alone is enough to drain the life out of my enjoyment of flying.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller