Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FAA Registration Number

Ansia

Reaction score
I was registering my EVO with Part 107 of the FAA and now comes the time to label my drone. Before I do this, I want your input and pictures if oossible, where did you place the FAA registration label on your EVO.

IMG_0090.jpg

Also a goo cheap case that’s water proof and crush proof is the Apache 3800. Harbor freight sells them for $40, and you can order it online. The bag is ok, I’ll use it to put inside my camel pack/backpack for hiking and such but isn’t protective. I Velcro stripped the back in the lid for a tablet placement and pretty much everything I have for the evo fits in it. 3 batteries, filters, tablet adapter, sd card/micro to usb c (to transfer raw images to iPad), controller, cables (usb-lightning, micro hdmi-usb c, charging cables), drone, tablet, propellers, spare micro sd cardIMG_0091.jpgIMG_0092.jpg

Will look into this case. You got photos of the tablet setup you mentioned? I want to flY with mY Galaxy Tab S4, but don't consider feasible carrying that huge Thyr thunder something or another holder around, and the price is a bit to much.

Reactions: mixchief
Will look into this case. You got photos of the tablet setup you mentioned? I want to flY with mY Galaxy Tab S4, but don't consider feasible carrying that huge Thyr thunder something or another holder around, and the price is a bit to much.

IMG_1813.jpgIMG_1812.jpgIMG_1810.jpgIMG_1809.jpg

You searched for Tablet mount - 3D Printed Drone Mods

That shows a variety of what they have and for cheap. Big *** tablet honestly, IPad Pro 11 but it actually balances itself perfectly when upright and flying causing no extra strain on the screw connecting the phone mount

Reactions: Ansia
I’m going to eventually make a better design. I have a buddy with a 3D printer and going to come up with something but this guy has a good general idea especially for smaller tablets and such

I was registering my EVO with Part 107 of the FAA and now comes the time to label my drone. Before I do this, I want your input and pictures if oossible, where did you place the FAA registration label on your EVO.

I don't even think there is a requirement on how large/small they are

View attachment 3373View attachment 3374View attachment 3375View attachment 3376

You searched for Tablet mount - 3D Printed Drone Mods

That shows a variety of what they have and for cheap. Big *** tablet honestly, IPad Pro 11 but it actually balances itself perfectly when upright and flying causing no extra strain on the screw connecting the phone mount
Looks great. Will look into this mount. Thanks.

I don't even think there is a requirement on how large/small they are
I know. I just wanted ideas. I first thought of placing it in one of the legs or inside the battery compartment.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
I have a label maker (1/2" label) and affixed my registration number to the bottom of both batteries.

I have a cheap punch out label maker with only 1 standard size. Tried placing it on the side of the Evo, but it covered a portion of the air flow grille. Tried in the battery compartment, but then the battery was hard to lock and unlock and that would also damage the sticker inside there. Then I decided to use the black ribbon and camouflaged the label on the inside of the front left leg. This is how it turned out. Can't wait to get off from work, so I can have my maiden flight.20190130_144535.jpg

I made a label with a brother p-touch label maker, about 2 inches long and stuck it on the micro so card slot side, to the right of the slot and towards the top of the black side wall (not on the orange). Hardly noticable.

I have the Thor and wouldn't go back to the many printed versions I tried, The Thor really doesn't add any bulk and fits perfectly in the space I was using before in my camera backpack. The Thor will however make it difficult or impossible to add a boosted antena or something of the sort. Yes it's pricey but built solid and there is no flexing of the holder like there inevitably is with the extended OEM setup I just never felt safe with those extensions.

I have the Thor and wouldn't go back to the many printed versions I tried, The Thor really doesn't add any bulk and fits perfectly in the space I was using before in my camera backpack. The Thor will however make it difficult or impossible to add a boosted antena or something of the sort. Yes it's pricey but built solid and there is no flexing of the holder like there inevitably is with the extended OEM setup I just never felt safe with those extensions.
The Evo is targetted as being portable. So I decided to keep it portable and fly with my phone.

Reactions: mixchief
The Evo is targetted as being portable. So I decided to keep it portable and fly with my phone.
Yeah I get that, but my eyes need a little more, what with age and such. Really portable is no phone hehehe

I bought labels online from a company that makes them for drones. Got battery sticker numbers, FAA reg # and Phone # for retrieval. The FAA and phone#s are right on the front Spars. If I was hovering it at eye level, those are the first identifiers you'd see.

Does anybody have an example of a case/backpack setup with their Thor mount in it?

I bought labels online from a company that makes them for drones. Got battery sticker numbers, FAA reg # and Phone # for retrieval. The FAA and phone#s are right on the front Spars. If I was hovering it at eye level, those are the first identifiers you'd see.
I just scanned my FAA registration card, shunk it down, and printed it out on address labels. Stuck those labels on the underside of each battery and another one inside the battery compartment. Looks "official" now

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58