Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Extended control sticks for the Smart Controller?

uas_gian

Reaction score
I am sure I will get longer joysticks soon. I know the thread on thesé sticks is the same as used for some DJI Controllers.

Where can I find alternatives sticks in various sizes and how can I make sure they should fit on the Autel Smart Controller? I don't want to order something from Hong Kong and then discover weeks later those don't fit well.

Anyone has suggestions?

I am sure I will get longer joysticks soon. I know the thread on thesé sticks is the same as used for some DJI Controllers.

Where can I find alternatives sticks in various sizes and how can I make sure they should fit on the Autel Smart Controller? I don't want to order something from Hong Kong and then discover weeks later those don't fit well.

Anyone has suggestions?
Hi uas, you can buy DJI FPV drone extended sticks from amazon that work with the Smart Controller:

Regards,
Richard

I have now ordered these silver/gold/aluminum things. Delivery time 28 days... So I will report with an update in about a month.

Controller Sticks Thumb Rocker Joystick for DJI RC Pro | eBay those should fit the FPV and Pro Controller.
s-l1600.jpg

I fear that this adjustable telescoping feature is going to be a possible weak spot. It just sounds like a bad sales pitch for a cheap fancy feature. So I am still keeping my eyes out for alternatives while these are snail mailed.

71a6MsOhKZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Originally was hoping to get those black ones as shown below, but these seem to really only fit the older DJI controllers and therefore exclude FPV and Autel Smart Controller. Bummer.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I have tried for my Nano plus two different sets of DJI Mavic mini 2 RC sticks and they do not fit. Thay are smaller. I am pretty sure those originaly made for DJI FPV drone won't fit. Don't be affraid those from HongKong, because as a classic's said: A Russian space shuttle, or an US space shuttle - it doesn't matter, everything is made of HongKong (China) anyways :).

I can now confirm the custom DJI FPV sticks as mentioned earlier with the gold tops, arrived to me from Hong Kong via an eBay seller, They do fit well on the Autel smart controller we currently know for the Evo 2. The telescope shafts fully extended are pretty long. I now use them at half their maximum length.

However the extending mechanism called telescoping requires one part of the stick to be rotated counter clock and the other part clockwise for fixation of their length. Hence a telescope can often unscrew itself when placed on and taken off the controller. So I find myself readjusting and tightening them quite often. That's a bit ANNOYING.

As for the gain of more precise control, I am disappointed. I expected much more. It seems the resolution on the side of the controller is not so high and those minimal movements of the fingers are not detected by the hardware.

a picture of it with those sticks:
IMG_8043.JPG

Last edited:
I can now confirm the custom DJI FPV sticks as mentioned earlier with the gold tops, arrived to me from Hong Kong via an eBay seller, They do fit well on the Autel smart controller we currently know for the Evo 2. The telescope shafts fully extended are pretty long. I now use them at half their maximum length.

However the extending mechanism called telescoping requires one part of the stick to be rotated counter clock and the other part clockwise for fixation of their length. Hence a telescope can often unscrew itself when placed on and taken off the controller. So I find myself readjusting and tightening them quite often. That's a bit ANNOYING.

As for the gain of more precise control, I am disappointed. I expected much more. It seems the resolution on the side of the controller is not so high and those minimal movements of the fingers are not detected by the hardware.

a picture of it will follow soon.
HI @uas_gian! How are you after a year of using them? Do you recommend this upgrade?

Hello zephyrus, it is only a small improvement in grip when using this upgrade. The resolution of the electronics of the controller itself (Autel's Smart Controller V1) is too low for gaining more accuracy in slow motion flight. My expectations were higher for that part. So I do still use them because I like the grip when pinching and I got used to the longer sticks very quickly.

I guess it all depends on your personal preference as explained in this video: youtube.com

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d