Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Explorer app

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
My app shows 1139 version. is that the most recent?
Thats all I can find in GOOGLE play.
When I set"return home altitude" to 120 ft after I leave the setting and return it shows N/A.
"Show radar map" button cannot slide to the right.
I choose standard speed but it gets back to precision
All my settings return to original as I leave the settings. Does the remote or drone have to be on?

You want the remote and drone on and connected for most things to stick.

I am still using the older app, a few people have told me not to upgrade since the new app reduces your altitude limit to 1600ft from the original setting of 2600ft.
Can you guys confirm this?

I rode my motorcycle on MT Evans over 14000 Ft high. Does that mean this drone wont take off at that altitude or it will go 1640 ft above that?

I am still hoping they use a new map that works on crystal sky. So far no good

any link to the older app? the new one is driving me crazy, horrible range, no gallery popup with the remote control

any link to the older app? the new one is driving me crazy, horrible range, no gallery popup with the remote control
Please use the search function next time.

I am still using the older app, a few people have told me not to upgrade since the new app reduces your altitude limit to 1600ft from the original setting of 2600ft.
Can you guys confirm this?
Hey Everyone I have some fantastic news!! So there is a very simple yet maybe unseasonable workaround with the flight limitation but this fortunately only applies to those pilots without the live-deck system. So the R/C Management still allows for you to fly up to the 2646' altitude limit. but that with using solely your R/C and no App functions.. BUT!! Wait, there's more! Easily acquire application functionality or enhanced camera features by utilizing your Live Deck system, So after you link up with the R/C the main Pilot has authority over the Flight parameters based on the R/C, and then once the Live Deck enables you can then utilize any display you'd like or use a mobile / smart device for using any intelligent flight modes etc.. All while still having the original altitude limit of 2600'!! Happy flying and stay safe!!

Hey Everyone I have some fantastic news!! So there is a very simple yet maybe unseasonable workaround with the flight limitation but this fortunately only applies to those pilots without the live-deck system. So the R/C Management still allows for you to fly up to the 2646' altitude limit. but that with using solely your R/C and no App functions.. BUT!! Wait, there's more! Easily acquire application functionality or enhanced camera features by utilizing your Live Deck system, So after you link up with the R/C the main Pilot has authority over the Flight parameters based on the R/C, and then once the Live Deck enables you can then utilize any display you'd like or use a mobile / smart device for using any intelligent flight modes etc.. All while still having the original altitude limit of 2600'!! Happy flying and stay safe!!
You do know Autel released an update to the explorer app, which returned max altitude to 800m?

You do know Autel released an update to the explorer app, which returned max altitude to 800m?
Ansia,
I heard that the Evo 2 has the ability to tilt the camera 30 degrees upward, in the new Explorer app, does this also include the original Evo, since it was not available?

No, only the Evo 2, the 1 does not have the travel for.
I do not find this function very useful, because to fly and not see the propellers, you have to drop 8 to 10 °.
Its only useful function is to be able to verify that the propellers are still there, in front!

Reactions: Madhungarian
No, only the Evo 2, the 1 does not have the travel for.
I do not find this function very useful, because to fly and not see the propellers, you have to drop 8 to 10 °.
Its only useful function is to be able to verify that the propellers are still there, in front!
I use this function for inspections all the time. It may not be useful for you, but it is for others.
DJI_0019.JPG

Reactions: DadCorso80
I use this function for inspections all the time. It may not be useful for you, but it is for others.
View attachment 7005
This picture perfectly illustrates why I would want to look UP. It seems to me that Autel could modify the software to apply more thrust to the front props or diminish thrust to the rear props in order to tilt the whole drone up so that I could get shots at the underside of things. Wouldn't this method work? It seems easier than trying to force the gimbal to tilt up. Hovering while tilting the whole bird up seems like a superpower and I predict that the first company to offer this will win big in the features war!

This picture perfectly illustrates why I would want to look UP. It seems to me that Autel could modify the software to apply more thrust to the front props or diminish thrust to the rear props in order to tilt the whole drone up so that I could get shots at the underside of things. Wouldn't this method work? It seems easier than trying to force the gimbal to tilt up. Hovering while tilting the whole bird up seems like a superpower and I predict that the first company to offer this will win big in the features war!
That photo was taken with a Phantom 4 Pro and the Evo's camera has the ability to look upward. Autel is the one who doesn't want to, since it takes a feature from the Evo II. Your suggestion would cause the drone to flip backwards and crash, so it's not viable.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials