Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Explorer App..iOSor Android?

MattMPA

Reaction score
Hey folks...I have my Evo 2 Pro on order and despite searching, I didn't find a definitive answer.

I've been using an older iPad or my iPhone 8 with my DJI unit, but was wondering if iOS or Android units were better for the Explorer app.

Also, I'd be glad to know the largest device that will fit in the Evo 2 Controller. I'd like to avoid adapters, tablet holders, etc if possible.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Congrats!! You'll love it. I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus on the remote with no issues right now. Do remember, your remote control actually has a display screen anyway. I kept forgetting this as I was always using DJI also. As far as iPad holders for EVO2, I've only come across this one:

A friend of mine say's his is a little bulky for his taste because you can't just pack it in your EVO2 case and go. Other than that, he says it's a very sturdy unit and fits his iPad Pro 12in.

Congrats!! You'll love it. I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus on the remote with no issues right now. Do remember, your remote control actually has a display screen anyway. I kept forgetting this as I was always using DJI also. As far as iPad holders for EVO2, I've only come across this one:

A friend of mine say's his is a little bulky for his taste because you can't just pack it in your EVO2 case and go. Other than that, he says it's a very sturdy unit and fits his iPad Pro 12in.
He did say he wanted to avoid brackets.
FYI I have the Lifthor bracket for the CrystalSky (US$100+) and it is sturdy and big/awkward but I do have mine in almost one piece (monitor attaches to balljoint) in my "bundle case".

And to the OP, the controller on the evo 2 will hold a note10 but not any tablet.
Also note the Autel Explorer does run on older android tablets where the DJI Fly does not.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated.

While I have an iPhone 8, I'd consider getting a larger device just for the Evo that would fit the bracket...just for simplicity's sake.

Can anyone comment on any differences in the Explorer app when using the iOS version compared to the Android version...or do they both have the dame features, etc.

Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated.

While I have an iPhone 8, I'd consider getting a larger device just for the Evo that would fit the bracket...just for simplicity's sake.

Can anyone comment on any differences in the Explorer app when using the iOS version compared to the Android version...or do they both have the dame features, etc.
I have an evo2 . Like all the dji I have seen the evo 2 (and 1) have the standard size controller - that means they do not hold tablets.

And I cannot imagine any difference at all after you have opened explorer on an iphone or Android phone.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58