Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Experiences with the Evo

Ansia

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have yet to purchase my Evo. I am currently saving, so I don't have to use my credit cards or use my emergency savings. I spent 3 weeks analyzing all non DJI drones and the Evo just came up #1 on my research. The reason I was researching a non DJI drone is because I already own a Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. Don't get me wrong, I love my Phantom and it works like a charm, but the new Geofencing rules are crippling my business. I had a job near an airport. I got the waiver to fly from the FAA and pre-unlocked my flight with DJI. Guess what? I got to the place at the specified time and I was unable to fly, so wasted some hours until I could get things sorted and DJI unlocked my drone.

I decided this would never happen to me ever again, so started doing the research. I went to Best Buy today to look at it and I was amazed on how little the camera was. I also was amazed on how much it moves with vibrations. People would walk pass it and the camera would wiggle a little bit. Is this normal? I've read threads in this forums that if the camera is vibrating, it won't take off.

Please share any experience you have had with your Evo. Let it be good or bad. I want to learn as much as possible from you guys, before I get my drone.

Edit: I also fly a Tello on my free time. That little drone is the most fun drone I've ever flown. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phillyjon
Hello Ansia, that is normal and is how this gimbal works. It is a great drone, with none of the dji bs rules. By the way, i bought mine at Best Buy with the bundle deal included for $999. They only sent the EVO and 1 battery. Then I asked them why they did not include the bundle, they said they got the order # wrong. Now they are saying the bundle is on backorder. Three weeks later. I would steer clear from Best Buy worst buy.

Reactions: Phillyjon and Ansia
We don't get shipping from Bestbuy.com. If I want to purchase from them is at the store. Besides the drone itself, I don't see any other accessory for it. Just went there to look at if physically. I do over research before purchasing things. Have gotten screwed to many times before, not to do it.

Hello All!

I also was amazed on how much it moves with vibrations. People would walk pass it and the camera would wiggle a little bit. Is this normal? I've read threads in this forums that if the camera is vibrating, it won't take off.

Please share any experience you have had with your Evo. Let it be good or bad. I want to learn as much as possible from you guys, before I get my drone.

Edit: I also fly a Tello on my free time. That little drone is the most fun drone I've ever flown. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it.

Don’t forget, the camera will move freely until the drone is powered on. Then the gimbal will have power and stabilize the camera. Thus the gimbal lock on the drone when putting it in a bag or case. Free movement while powered off would be normal.

Reactions: Phillyjon and Ansia
Don’t forget, the camera will move freely until the drone is powered on. Then the gimbal will have power and stabilize the camera. Thus the gimbal lock on the drone when putting it in a bag or case. Free movement while powered off would be normal.
Good to know. I thought videos would be gittery in high winds.

Theoretically, the EVO will fly max speed of around 40mph. So you could fly it in 40mph wind, but your forward groundspeed would be 0 lol. Not sure what their recommended max speed is.

Reactions: Ansia
Can't find any info about it. What is the max wind speed I can fly the Evo in?

Common sense should be a part of trying to determine suitable flying conditions. I'm a guy who has flown the Evo is some pretty stiff winds. I've flown in 25 mph winds, with gusts up to 35 Mph, and would not push it past that unless I HAD to. This little gem actually performed very well. It held tight and fought the wind like a champ. My biggest surprise was how well the video footage looked in such conditions. It was impressive steady footage. I love my Evo and It has performed flawlessly for me so far. For me, this bird was the only choice. I REFUSE to deal with DJI and their legendary bad customer service, forced no fly zone firmware updates, logging my flights, over-inflated prices, etc. They are good drones, but for that kind of coin I refuse to be grounded because they say I have to be, or make me go through 20 mins of BS to get up in the air. Just remember that the Evo is relatively new still, and it's going to be an ongoing process to improve it. I HIGHLY recommend this beauty!

Common sense should be a part of trying to determine suitable flying conditions. I'm a guy who has flown the Evo is some pretty stiff winds. I've flown in 25 mph winds, with gusts up to 35 Mph, and would not push it past that unless I HAD to. This little gem actually performed very well. It held tight and fought the wind like a champ. My biggest surprise was how well the video footage looked in such conditions. It was impressive steady footage. I love my Evo and It has performed flawlessly for me so far. For me, this bird was the only choice. I REFUSE to deal with DJI and their legendary bad customer service, forced no fly zone firmware updates, logging my flights, over-inflated prices, etc. They are good drones, but for that kind of coin I refuse to be grounded because they say I have to be, or make me go through 20 mins of BS to get up in the air. Just remember that the Evo is relatively new still, and it's going to be an ongoing process to improve it. I HIGHLY recommend this beauty!
Unfortunately I bought a Mavic Pro Platinum last year and then I bought my Evo recently. I have to say that I really enjoy more the Evo than the Mavic. Specially the build in screen in the controller is a life saver when you want a quick fly and less warnings on the screen than the Mavic.

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy