Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Existing or Feature request: Failsafe behavior?

Ender

Reaction score
Hi!
I fear its not there but let me ask you Autel veterans! :)

Is there no way (yet) to decide what to do in case of connection loss or battery low failsafe?
There are cases (especially for connection loss) where i would prefer the drone to simply hover and keep hovering until battery low is enforcing auto land.
No such Option, right?

:(

Ender

Hi!
I fear its not there but let me ask you Autel veterans! :)

Is there no way (yet) to decide what to do in case of connection loss or battery low failsafe?
There are cases (especially for connection loss) where i would prefer the drone to simply hover and keep hovering until battery low is enforcing auto land.
No such Option, right?

:(

Ender

LOL
Have you read the manual? Yes there are options.
When we obtain our first higher than toy grade multirotor we are presented with a lot of technical systems that are combined to effectively operate them. We encounter GPS, auto pilots, system software updating, electronics, radio control and the multiple subsets that make that work, antennas with orientation and radiation patterns, lithium batteries, cameras, stills photography, video photography, image post processing, flight safety, flight planning, aviation law, along with legal requirements and restrictions.
I suggest start reading the manual.

Reactions: Ender
LOL
When we obtain our first higher than toy grade multirotor we are presented with a lot of technical systems that are combined to effectively operate them. We encounter GPS, auto pilots, system software updating, electronics, radio control and the multiple subsets that make that work, antennas with orientation and radiation patterns, lithium batteries, cameras, stills photography, video photography, image post processing, flight safety, flight planning, aviation law, along with legal requirements and restrictions.

That is great news, actually against my habit i did read the manual but i must have overlooked that section.
Sorry for provoking a RTFM answer from you and thanks for beeing so cavalier with it :)

I promise to work on my reading comprehension!

;-)

Greetings,

Ender

LOL

Woops, i did look into the manual again (as my drone is out of reach ATM).
Do you refer to the "App Explorer Manual" that i was only able to find a seemingly outdated version or do you refer to the quiet up-to-date "EVO II User Manual En 0520.pdf"?

If you refer to the latter it is nicely laid down there but thats the part that i was refering to as well:

--------- EVO II User Manual En 0520.pdf PAGE 28 ----------
Failsafe will be activated if communication is lost between your aircraft and remote control for 3 seconds.
If GPS is available when the Failsafe function is activated, the aircraft will automatically use the Go Home function. Otherwise, it will land from its current position. When communication is restored, you can still press the Pause Button
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO this would mean that if GPS is available) there is no Option besides GO Home aka RTH :-(

At the bare minimum i would like to choose between "Go Home" and "Hover until Battery enforced Auto Land" but would prefer to also be able to set a battery percentage or maximum waiting time before attempting Go Home IF at all. This is for reasons & missions that are probably very rare but thats what i do :)

I actually coded part of the Failsafe code for APM:Copter in the 'ol times and if thats really all its quite simplistic :-(

Even in the old APM:Copter code you were able to determine much more detailed what is going to happen when with which Delay.

WIll check the actual app yet again to see if the manual is outdated as you implied the Failsafe function to be more versatile if i got you right...

So long!

Ender

Last edited:
I don't believe this is an option on the Explorer app. The drone will always RTH unless it's within 30m of HP or loses GPS.

I don't believe this is an option on the Explorer app. The drone will always RTH unless it's within 30m of HP or loses GPS.
Yes, thats what i feared. Thats simplistic and sometimes dangerous.
Is there a recommended way to do feature requests to Autel?

Greetings,

Ender

From my experience, you can send them an email with the request, but my request for ATTI flying hasn't been met yet.

That would be on my list as well :)

Always the same things, all so easy to do...

<sigh>

Thanks!

Ender

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy