Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EvoII PRO 6K Sample Chicago Footage

atortaloha

Reaction score
Some sample footage at altitude in Chicago with my evoII Pro 6K and my 107. This airspace is legal to fly this high just have to be mindful of seeing your orange drone the entire time. The clouds look crazier from above and in actuality it's not that bad when looking up from the ground.

Enjoy and subscribe if on YouTube doing lots of Autel stuff since this is my primary drone I am focusing on now.

Some sample footage at altitude in Chicago with my evoII Pro 6K and my 107. This airspace is legal to fly this high just have to be mindful of seeing your orange drone the entire time. The clouds look crazier from above and in actuality it's not that bad when looking up from the ground.

Enjoy and subscribe if on YouTube doing lots of Autel stuff since this is my primary drone I am focusing on now.

Excellent!!

This is insane! As in... utterly gorgeous and fantastic!

Questions: I'm studying for my 107. You mentioned you weren't in controlled airspace. With that said, in order to fly that high (above 400 feet), are you leveraging the rule that allows you to fly over and above objects as long as you are within a 400 foot radius? I'm frustrated here in Charlotte because the city skyline is in Class B and legally I can't fly above 250 feet anywhere in the city, objects or no objects, unless I find a way to get a waiver. (By the way, that hasn't stopped a lot of other people from flying above our skyline; I don't know, maybe they all got waivers!)

Next question: I have posted a few videos of my own flying above the low clouds/ground fog and was busted here for not staying 500 feet below and/or 2,000 feet away horizontally from clouds. I defended myself by posting the FAA rules for recreational pilots which says nothing about the 107 cloud rules, only we're required to remain in VLOS which I always did. Seeing you flying around dancing with those low clouds, and 107 certified, what is your angle on this? Thanks very much, here's a sample of my flying in the NC mountains with the fog below:

Reactions: UasDriver

Great stuff

So you’re legal 400’ above the Sears tower! Very nice video!

Nice video. Could you fly around the top of Willis Tower next time?

This is insane! As in... utterly gorgeous and fantastic!

Questions: I'm studying for my 107. You mentioned you weren't in controlled airspace. With that said, in order to fly that high (above 400 feet), are you leveraging the rule that allows you to fly over and above objects as long as you are within a 400 foot radius? I'm frustrated here in Charlotte because the city skyline is in Class B and legally I can't fly above 250 feet anywhere in the city, objects or no objects, unless I find a way to get a waiver. (By the way, that hasn't stopped a lot of other people from flying above our skyline; I don't know, maybe they all got waivers!)

Next question: I have posted a few videos of my own flying above the low clouds/ground fog and was busted here for not staying 500 feet below and/or 2,000 feet away horizontally from clouds. I defended myself by posting the FAA rules for recreational pilots which says nothing about the 107 cloud rules, only we're required to remain in VLOS which I always did. Seeing you flying around dancing with those low clouds, and 107 certified, what is your angle on this? Thanks very much, here's a sample of my flying in the NC mountains with the fog below:

I'll just address the altitude question by stating that §107.51(b)(1,2) does not override limitations imposed by the airspace designation for the area in question.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller