Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo2 V1 controller no longer charging.

apynes

Reaction score
Have searched here and elsewhere for this. New member here. Or reactivated member maybe...anyway.
Have had a evo2 V1 for a coupe of years. Had two dji phantom 4 pros before that.
I mostly inspect commercial buildings with some residential and historical structures. Use the drone 2-3 times a week and love it.
Controller stopped charging. Tried different cables. Different chargers. Even the USB a slot. Nothing. I am assuming the battery is dead.
Anyone have experience with controller battery longevity. Is two years it?
I was about to buy two new batteries...again..when this happened.

I need a solution next week or will have to resurrect phantoms.
Maybe its time to upgrade to v3 pro or even rtk as missions may be an add on to my business.
Looks like 2500 for pro v3 and 3800 for rtk.

These answers are maybe a bit late for you, or not. But they will be useful for others.

1st using the right cable and right adapter to make the smart controller charge explained:
Charging The Smart Controller

2nd topic is the battery management as this goes for the drone as well as the controller.
Average age of Li-Po cells or Full explanation in PDF

If everything unter 1 is done correctly, then the problem should be related to the 2nd topic.

Last edited:
I have two V1s for a few years and have not had this issue. I have added an external antenna and had to open the controller. Seems like a possibility that you could replace the battery if you have some skills. Just my 2 cents.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy