Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo white balance?

jcmarceau

Reaction score
When filming with evo is it better to leave while balance on auto or change it accordingly to the weather. Last time flying I was on manual 100iso, 1/120 shutter speed, 4k 60fps, nd filter freewell 8nd, and white balance on cloudy because was a cloudy day and the snow here in Canada on my footage looked a little bit on the yellow side and would say pinky a little not bright white like snow should look so I was wandering if white balance on evo is better to leave on auto instead of manual cause white balance seems funky on the evo. Should I leave it auto or manual?

@jcmarceau If you understand Kelvin you are better off setting the white balance manually with the kelvin settings. However you will also need to adjust some of the other values as well. Here is a Kelvin chart that gives you info on which settings to use in any given situation. You will have to fine tune it a bit to get your desired look and you can see from the chart it essentually runs from cool to warm which is bluish to gloden. I posted a video comparing auto to manual. I also have color graded both and they both look pretty good. Auto has a tendency to run on the cooler side of the spectrum. I hope this helps! The EVO is a great little drone. I fly a couple others as well and find myself grabbing the EVO more often than not for shoots I do.kelvin-wb2.jpgHere is a link:

@jcmarceau If you understand Kelvin you are better off setting the white balance manually with the kelvin settings. However you will also need to adjust some of the other values as well. Here is a Kelvin chart that gives you info on which settings to use in any given situation. You will have to fine tune it a bit to get your desired look and you can see from the chart it essentually runs from cool to warm which is bluish to gloden. I posted a video comparing auto to manual. I also have color graded both and they both look pretty good. Auto has a tendency to run on the cooler side of the spectrum. I hope this helps! The EVO is a great little drone. I fly a couple others as well and find myself grabbing the EVO more often than not for shoots I do.View attachment 3236Here is a link:
Thanks for the chart my friend shure will try it next time flying. Should solve my problem

Reactions: jcommstudios
Cloudy and shade are a higher temp than neutral? Now I'm really confused.
I need to take a course.

When filming with evo is it better to leave while balance on auto or change it accordingly to the weather. Last time flying I was on manual 100iso, 1/120 shutter speed, 4k 60fps, nd filter freewell 8nd, and white balance on cloudy because was a cloudy day and the snow here in Canada on my footage looked a little bit on the yellow side and would say pinky a little not bright white like snow should look so I was wandering if white balance on evo is better to leave on auto instead of manual cause white balance seems funky on the evo. Should I leave it auto or manual?
I would suggest reading on it and never using auto again. Ive had a few shots ruined because the camera was switching back and forth through settings. It screwed the color up throughout the video.
Cloudy and shade are a higher temp than neutral? Now I'm really confused.
I need to take a course.
The easiest way to remember it is 5500k for a bright sunny day, the cloudier it gets the higher you go on your temp... just keep an eye on your screen and watch the color. Lower than 5500k I believe would be for indoors, I really don't use it indoors anyway.
That's how i remember it, I'm no pro but it's worked well for me so far.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles