Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO to the UK ?

AeroJ

Reaction score
Aw man - I LOVE that camera. Much more than even the Mavic 2 Pro, which surprised me, but there it is - to me it's much more natural colours and I really want that 4K60 without a horrible phantom attached to it ;)

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but anyone here from the UK who has got an Evo over from the States ? Would very much like some confirmation that a) it is legal in the UK (not 900 MHz) and b) any leads on good dealers who may be able to sort that out safely, and ideally without horrible pitfalls like massive import duty etc...

Very grateful for any advice... thanks guys

I'm looking for an EVO mule.

Richard Gilmore used Drone Works to ship one over and they seem flexible.

I asked Autel about getting hold of one in the UK and they pointed me to their list of US dealers without any warning about safety/legality.

You could probably use a cheap power adapter for the charger, although happy-go-lucky Richard says he just cut the US plug off and wired a UK plug directly to the mains cable. No-one has heard from him since.

PS. It's definitely 2.4GHz.

Last edited:
Reactions: AeroJ
I'm looking for an EVO mule.
Lols :) Me too, although I'll settle for a reliable dealer with UK postage arrangements !

Don't mind swapping out plugs, but I do worry about lack of spare parts, and what I can do if anything goes wrong and I need some warranty service for any reason. Apparently they do have plans to release it properly in Europe so maybe I should just wait for them to do that. I'll pretend that I didn't check out airline ticket prices to see how much it would be to literally go over there and get one myself !

CarolinaDronzs ships internationally. Just email them and they should be able to answer most of your questions. I know with the X-Star Autel would not honor any warranty work so be careful with that. I know when Franlac had problems with a motor they finally gave in and gave him a good price on a new unit but I think he had to pay shipping a duties. As for them getting set up in the UK that might be a while getting all the right paper work and approvals for the different countries.

Cider Boy also has the X-star in the UK and just had to send his camera in for repairs, shipping costs where on him. That can get pretty expensive.

Reactions: AeroJ
Drone Works have responded to me and I'm waiting to hear from Carolina Dronz. Unfortunately, of the 27 dealers listed on the Autel website, five websites aren't reachable and most of the others don't stock the EVO. I think there are maybe five EVO stockists.

The official import duty/tax is steep - over $300.

Thanks. I've mailed CD and awaiting a reply, but I don't like the sound of the £300 on top at all ! Richard above managed to nicely circumvent that I notice :)

Thanks. I've mailed CD and awaiting a reply, but I don't like the sound of the £300 on top at all ! Richard above managed to nicely circumvent that I notice :)
I think Drone Works marked the consignment as a $100 gift - and maybe the Irish customs don't worry too much.

I think Drone Works marked the consignment as a $100 gift - and maybe the Irish customs don't worry too much.
You might be right about both those things :) Have heard from CD, who do much the same. English Customs are properly hostile though, so I have to extra careful...

You might be right about both those things :) Have heard from CD, who do much the same. English Customs are properly hostile though, so I have to extra careful...
Me too. I've just heard back from Richard Gilmore who tells me he is still totally pleased with his EVO after 3 months and uses it regularly on commercial jobs. He also said he didn't chop the plug off the charger: apparently it only needs a figure of 8 mains lead (eg kettle lead) and it works fine.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy